Parking at Port of Miami-Term "J" - Midweek???

HeatherInFlorida

I've researched the forum before posting and couldn't find an answer specific to my concern. Hope someone knowledgeable about parking at Terminal "J" can help!!! This will be our first Oceania cruise and first time out of Miami.

We are cruising on the Riviera on a Thursday (January 3rd). I know there is a parking garage there, but I worry it may be full with cruisers on ships that left the weekend prior. I don't know how many ships sail from that terminal besides Oceania.

We reserved at Premier Parking which will shuttle us, but it would be so convenient if we could park right by the pier. Anyone here have experience with cruising mid-week and parking at that garage?

Really appreciate any info and help you can give us!!! We want as little hassle as possible. Thank you!:)

Really appreciate any info and help you can give us!!! We want as little hassle as possible. Thank you!:)

Hi Heather,

We want as little hassle as possible as well, so please pick us up at the Courtyard by Marriott downtown Miami on your way to the cruise ship terminal. LOL

We just parked at the ship terminal for a Regatta cruise that left on a Tuesday at the end of November. There were plenty of parking spots available when we arrived about 1:30 pm. But I have no idea if the cars already parked were all from my cruise or from others.

However, when we returned a week later, the garage was practically empty. Maybe all the cars that had left were from people that disembarked faster than we did or if another ship had come in earlier. My guess is that the garage is sufficient to hold enough cars, at least for a R-class ship. You may have a different result sailing Riviera.

My advice would be to arrive early if you're worried about garage capacity.

Also, do you have a handicapped parking permit? If so, parking is free in the terminal garage. What a deal!

Hi Heather,

We want as little hassle as possible as well, so please pick us up at the Courtyard by Marriott downtown Miami on your way to the cruise ship terminal. LOL

Jeff, you never make me stop laughing!:D By all means wait for us outside. If it weren't for Cyndi's shoes, and possibly another bag or two, we'd be more than happy to swing by!!! If you have no luggage at all, we can definitely fit one of you!:)

We just parked at the ship terminal for a Regatta cruise that left on a Tuesday at the end of November. There were plenty of parking spots available when we arrived about 1:30 pm. But I have no idea if the cars already parked were all from my cruise or from others.

However, when we returned a week later, the garage was practically empty. Maybe all the cars that had left were from people that disembarked faster than we did or if another ship had come in earlier. My guess is that the garage is sufficient to hold enough cars, at least for a R-class ship. You may have a different result sailing Riviera.

My advice would be to arrive early if you're worried about garage capacity.

Also, do you have a handicapped parking permit? If so, parking is free in the terminal garage. What a deal!

Thank you so much for this info. I feel much better about it and we've decided to park there. It's so convenient and I do have a disabled permit.

I think you'll be happy you did. Just make sure you bring your documentation to support your handicapped parking rights. When we arrived, we were asked "Are you parking for the cruise?' When we said yes he said "That's $140 for seven days." I showed my handicapped card and he said "Oh, no charge: just go ahead and park anywhere.!"

The garage website says you have to have your documentation although we weren't asked for it and I've heard from a friend that he wasn't asked either. Still, you ought to have it just in case.

Take the money you'll save on the parking and put it towards the premium liquor package! Bon voyage!

LOL:D .... thanks! Now if only we drank! Thanks for this input. Yes, I have all the documentation; I always keep that with my insurance, etc. Since they ask for the documentation on the way in I guess I need to be in the car (just in case they ask for it). I was hoping DH could drop me and then park. Or maybe I'll drop him and the luggage and park.

Cruising is such a hardship ... so many tough decisions.:) Thanks again!

Archived