Grand Princess C 752 Good-Bad -Ugly

EDRI

My wife and I had a sort of similar experience a couple of months ago. We were in the San Francisco Bay Area for my grandmother's 90th birthday party. We were all staying in a hotel. It was pretty late and our 9 year old was tired (after flying in that evening) so he didn't want to come down to the meeting room to socialize with everybody. My wife, being a little paranoid, told him double-lock the door, thinking that even if he fell asleep, he'd wakeup when we knocked on the door. Well, needless to say, he didn't. We banged on the door and called the room (the phone was right next to his head) but he wouldn't wake up. The room was at the end of a hallway so we weren't bothering anyone else. When we told the front desk what had happened, they said that they can't open the doors if they're double-locked and that they could get a ladder and climb in thru the window the next morning. Finally, after about 30 minutes of this, he woke up and opened the door. Needless to say, we won't do that again!!

Frederick

Thank you for telling this story, we are in aft B748, On June 19th Grand Princ.

Nobody will be shutting that door;) . One question as I didn' even think about the balcony when booking, will our balcony be covered and did the C deck balconies stick out further than the Baja balconies? Or are they all the same size?

Thanks for the laugh and warning!

:)

Response to questions/comments:

Bsab1221 & MaryPoppinz - My wife always carries a pen (a former employee of AT Cross Co.). In fact the reason for the pen at that time, she was completing the Princess cruise survey form. She had just completed the last page comment section. Many of her comments would not be considered favorable. Maybe Princess had a mike or camera on the balcony? They set off a remote locking device.

Dreamer333 & Missybud - OK, Who is Stephanie Plum ? I'm probably dating myself!!

Sondigreen -I can't give you measurements, but it's larger than the port/starboard Caribe balconies. As I stated we have two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and a small table and still could move around. The view was great since you can see back and a portion of the port side. It is a great cabin! In our 17 cruises, it's the best cabin we have had.

Ed

EDRI,

Stephanie Plum is a fictitious modern day "bounty hunter" with bond jumpers as her specialty. She is the delightful result of Janet Evanovich's imagination and pen. Stephanie is a Calamaty Jane with all of the world's good intentions. Unfortunately (for her, not us) she is constantly beset by life's most hilarious situations. She is a veritable trouble magnet. The Plum series novels are laugh-out-loud books. Your's and your wife's predicament was something that would have happened to Stephanie, literally LOL

Response to questions/comments:

Bsab1221 & MaryPoppinz - My wife always carries a pen (a former employee of AT Cross Co.). In fact the reason for the pen at that time, she was completing the Princess cruise survey form.

That's pretty ironic and makes the story even funnier!

That is too funny. Now we'll be adding a megaphone to the list of necessary items to pack for a cruise - along with the coffee maker, duct tape, crock pot - well, if you'd had all that stuff, you could have McGyver'd your way out of the situation yourself.

Ed- I showed your story to my hubby who hates these boards, and he thought it was hysterical as everyone else does (we realize it wasn't at the time).

He nnoticed you are in Smithfield RI. He has a question- are you a pharmacist and did you work at R.I. Hospital in the early 80's? Hubby worked at RI Hosp from '81-83 and he remembers a pharmacist, Ed, who may have lived in Smithfield. I told him I'd ask.

Response :

No, I did not work at RI Hospital.

I did work at Landmark as CIO.

I'm glad this story is really giving everyone a good laugh!!

All, have a nice day.

Ed

A good laugh that is......I laughed so hard, I cried!! Thanks for telling us about your unfortunate adventure....And, yes, I would have thrown all the chairs overboard!! It's a memory you will never forget.........

• 4 weeks later...
Ed,

By the way, how big C752's balcony - does anyone know?

According to the Princess rep I asked, the balcony is 8ft 10 inches by 10 ft.

Largest balcony available of balcony cabins. That's why we have booked it for the 16 May Grand Med Cruise next year, almost exactly 1 year to the day from the OP's cruise. Only drawback i was told about was that one of the loudspeakers for the stern is on this balcony.

Just in case we get Nestor, i'm making a sign that reads "Nestor. Please don't lock the balcony door. We don't have a pen." ohmigod, i'm still laughing.... and my fiance just came in and asked me what's so funny...

Archived