Voyager of the Seas Picture Review Dec 2012 Australia & New Zealand Cruise

I read you were in a JS for this cruise. Have you also seen the deluxe or superior balcony rooms? Wondering what the differences are between the balcony rooms and the junior suites? I am booking on VOS next year, with myself, my husband and our 3 year old. Any advise you could give on rooms would be fantastic!

I read you were in a JS for this cruise. Have you also seen the deluxe or superior balcony rooms? Wondering what the differences are between the balcony rooms and the junior suites? I am booking on VOS next year, with myself, my husband and our 3 year old. Any advise you could give on rooms would be fantastic!

Yes, sometimes our parents cruise with us and they will usually take a balcony room that is near or beside our JS.

Other than price difference, the JS has a bit more space, a bathtub, a nice walk-in wardrobe, coffee maker, better toiletries and give all of us double cruise points. Note that JS does not qualify you for Suite Privileges (those are for GS and above).

Ultimately, the specific cabin may also matter a great deal. If you wish to discuss further, drop me a note at iluvcruisingsingapore@gmail.com

Hi

I am loving your review, it's fantastic!

I'm cruising on Voyager next week to Fiji and NZ and I just wanted to know where you purchased your New Zealand Dollars? Did you buy it before hand, on the ship or an atm in port?

Also, when you went to Tauranga, how far away was the Rotorua Skyline gondola and luge? it looks like a great place to take the kids. I tried to find a tour that visits there but it doesn't look like i'm in luck. I was hoping I could take them to the Thermal pools and skyline but I wanted a tour as I dont want to drive (the ships tours only visit the thermal pools).

Thank you in advance :)

Hi

I am loving your review, it's fantastic!

I'm cruising on Voyager next week to Fiji and NZ and I just wanted to know where you purchased your New Zealand Dollars? Did you buy it before hand, on the ship or an atm in port?

Also, when you went to Tauranga, how far away was the Rotorua Skyline gondola and luge? it looks like a great place to take the kids. I tried to find a tour that visits there but it doesn't look like i'm in luck. I was hoping I could take them to the Thermal pools and skyline but I wanted a tour as I dont want to drive (the ships tours only visit the thermal pools).

Thank you in advance :)

We purchased our NZ dollars at a money changer in Singapore. We have never purchased foreign currency on the ship, so I don't know their rates.

You are right that no ship tours take you to the Luge. We noticed that too.

Rotorua is a good 1hr and 15 min drive from the ship, which is at Salisbury Ave. I think self-drive is the most viable option if you want to do the Luge.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Captain’s Corner this morning, 1030 at La Scala. The place was quite full. The talk started promptly and lasted all the way till noon. There were many good questions. On stage were (from Left) the Chief Engineer, the Environmental Officer, the Captain and the Hotel Director.

2nbsm0j.jpg

90 minutes? Thats impressive. i first saw this on Allure in 2011 and enjoyed it a lot with the exception of a few stupid questions from the audience that made a few people groan, but it was informative. Glad they are doing it on other ships.