Drinks at meals

dizzy1949

At breakfast (regardless of whether in your cabin, at the buffet or MDR) juice, tea or coffee. At lunch and dinner iced water on US sailings. Think they may also have iced tea.

There will be a 24 hour drinks station in the buffet area where you can get teas, coffee and water.

• 2 weeks later...

There will be a 24 hour drinks station in the buffet area where you can get teas, coffee and water.

Does this apply to Transatlantic cruise also? We like to drink lots of tea and coffee during the day. I would like to know if it will be available or we need to take a small kettle with us. And is the coffee good? We like strong espresso coffee, do they have cappuccino too at the buffet?

Thanks!

Does this apply to Transatlantic cruise also? We like to drink lots of tea and coffee during the day. I would like to know if it will be available or we need to take a small kettle with us. And is the coffee good? We like strong espresso coffee, do they have cappuccino too at the buffet?

Thanks!

The 24 hours drinks station are on all ships on all cruises. It doesn't include espresso or cappuccino though. You'll need to order those from a bar. They cost extra. I've only used the hot water for making tea or cold water. If I'm having coffeenit has to be cappuccino or espresso. The free coffee in the MDR is definitely not to my taste. I just do whatbthe Italians do and head to a bar when I need my caffeine fix and pay my €2 unless I have an AI package then it doesn't cost extra.

At breakfast (regardless of whether in your cabin, at the buffet or MDR) juice, tea or coffee. At lunch and dinner iced water on US sailings. Think they may also have iced tea.

In the MDR can you get table (tap/ice) water or tea with your dinner without an extra charge?

Rats. We are going to the Med.

The Italian way is to go to a bar or cafe after dinner for coffee, so that's what you'll have to do or if you don't want to pay for it, head to the beverage station in the Buffett. Sometimes you can get iced water but it can be hit or miss. Italians want bottled water so that is what all the waiters are geared up to serve. You can certainly ask Nd you may well get it.

The Italian way is to go to a bar or cafe after dinner for coffee, so that's what you'll have to do or if you don't want to pay for it, head to the beverage station in the Buffett. Sometimes you can get iced water but it can be hit or miss. Italians want bottled water so that is what all the waiters are geared up to serve. You can certainly ask Nd you may well get it.

I will ask. It never hurts to ask. :) I will say on Costa I had a waiter who would make iced tea for me every night. Bless his heart it was the first time he had ever made iced tea!

When we were on a 7 day Med cruise, my husband and I bought a package for bottled water. I think it was something like 14 bottles for 28 euros, which came out cheaper than buying each bottle separately. We could split a bottle easily for lunch or dinner. It's mineral water and you have a choice of sparkling or still water. We drink very little alcohol, so this worked nicely for us.

We missed iced tea and soft drinks, but my husband bought soft drinks while we were in port, and when we ate in the buffet we would make our own iced tea. I figure we don't go to Europe that often, so we can forgo some things for the time we're there.

I will ask. It never hurts to ask. :) I will say on Costa I had a waiter who would make iced tea for me every night. Bless his heart it was the first time he had ever made iced tea!

Good luck to you. Last time when we were in the med. and I asked if I can get some ice water and hot water for my medicine in the MDR. The answer is NO! The waiter even brought the head waiter to my table and he said either buy bottle water in the MDR or buy hot water in the bar outside. They don't even have coffee & tea in the MDR.

Archived