On Board Legend 12/24: CHOGS Galore

manmachine

Wow. Uploading pictures from iPhone taking forever, but right now I am looking at literally dozens of chairs secured with towels, sandals, fruit, plates, napkins. Literally not two chairs together without placeholders by the pool. No two together in Serenity. No two together on the entire expanse of deck upstairs. I am not kidding.

Not a sticker in sight. NO-ONE walking around putting them on chairs.

We visited the towel hut to ask about the 'no reserving' policy, and were told, 11:10 this morning, 'Well, we put the stickers on but the people come back and take them off...'

Then when we asked about how we would be able to get two chairs together, the towel hut guy-- who we were told was in charge of the 'no-saving' policy-- sent one of his guys to get a single chair, which was put down in front of the DJ stage. It took him 10 minutes to find another chair without towels, fruit, as glasses, or sandals.

Sounds like they would rather deal with anyone who complains than enforce the policy.

Bothersome. Wish I could share pictures.

I really "Hate When That Happens"! Sounds like they don't really enforce the rules on that ship. On my recent "Ecstasy" cruise, CHOGS weren't a problem at all. It's amazing how different it is from ship to ship. Well, at least they got you a couple of chairs to put together. Hope the rest of your cruise is outstanding.

"SKY"

My vote is for collecting the towels from the CHOGs and selling them for $5 each at your 1st port to fund your DoD fund.:D

I love the spirit of that! We are having a great time... Ship is very clean, staff nice so far... Really was looking forward to not having a hard time getting a chair, but I guess with only 2 sea days it won't be a big deal.

Little frustrating because from I've read, the policy works well if enforced.

I wonder if it is because of Christmas, although that is no excuse. We were on the Legend a couple of weeks ago and CHOGS were not a problem.

Hope you have a great time. Look up the enchanted forrest on the Atlantic deck.

Just got off the Legend yesterday. CHOGS weren't an issue for us either. Although, we were the ones who sat by the hot tub in the shade...so by noon, we had prime sun location.

i did notice in the Serenity area that there were 3 people in the hot tub and about 20 saved chairs.

Just got off the Legend yesterday. CHOGS weren't an issue for us either. Although, we were the ones who sat by the hot tub in the shade...so by noon, we had prime sun location.

i did notice in the Serenity area that there were 3 people in the hot tub and about 20 saved chairs.

Yes, there were a lot of saved chairs in Serenity, too. We walked all around the top deck looking for two empty ones. When the person in charge of the area tells you the sticker system isn't working, you begin to wonder if this is going away.

Very full cruise, but I have been on cruises that felt more crowded... Except for the chairs issue.

We were on the Legend the first week of December, they were putting stickers on chairs then. However, there wasn't a problem with chairs being held down by things...only people.

I always get a chuckle out of the look on people's faces when they walk out to the Serenity deck at 11:30 am and see that all the chairs are full of people.

If you want a prime deck chair, get out of bed and get one.

I think the rule should be if there is not a body in the chair, it is fair game. What your going thru is ridiculous.

This, exactly. There should be NO SAVING CHAIRS AT ALL. If you get up to go grab food - you're not in your chair and somebody else should be able to have it. If you go in your pool - you're not in your chair and somebody else should be able to have it. I think if it worked like this there would almost always be chairs open.

That said on the 12/8 cruise on the Breeze I always saw chairs open unless there was an event going on or something and then they would fill up completely.

I think the rule should be if there is not a body in the chair, it is fair game. What your going thru is ridiculous.

Ditto I'll move crap in a hurry. Seen some folks load a chair down, run to get a plate full to come back and eat. All the while watching someone already standing there with their plate READY to eat and Knowing the line is long. If they are that disrespectful give a fair dose back :)

I just got off the Legend on 12/23. On both sea days, the decks were crowded. My husband and I had to walk around a little bit before we found 2 chairs together on the sun deck and in serenity area. I noticed most people were occupying them and not too much of people reserving chairs for long periods of time. I never noticed any stickers.

I know I will get pelted for this but do people really think they are going to walk out at 1130 1200 and find seats in prime real-estate. 90 percent of you say the new system is working but as soon as one late riser whines it must be the chair hogs

I know I will get pelted for this but do people really think they are going to walk out at 1130 1200 and find seats in prime real-estate. 90 percent of you say the new system is working but as soon as one late riser whines it must be the chair hogs

Exactly my point in my earlier post! I love the look on the faces of the late risers when they are disappointed that all the chairs are full at noon on a sea day!

When they are full that is fine, but when towels are on them for hours and no one is there that is not fine.

But thats not what the op stated. They said they came out at 1130 and there were no 2 seats together so it must be the chogs in action.

Because after all who else besides from chogs are at the pool at that time of the day.

Ahem!

They are SUPPOSED to be using stickers on unoccupied chairs if they are occupied on by towels, etc. for 40 minutes.

On Legend, the pool desk told me they are NOT using stickers anymore because 'people just take them off..'

Chuckle as you want... I am an early riser, and don't mind. But there were LOTS of unoccupied chairs. Just no chairs unoccupied by fruit, towels, books, etc.

I think the system WOULD WORK... If they were using it on The Legend.

But thats not what the op stated. They said they came out at 1130 and there were no 2 seats together so it must be the chogs in action.

Because after all who else besides from chogs are at the pool at that time of the day.

PJ: did you read my post?

Wow. Uploading pictures from iPhone taking forever, but right now I am looking at literally dozens of chairs secured with towels, sandals, fruit, plates, napkins. Literally not two chairs together without placeholders by the pool. No two together in Serenity. No two together on the entire expanse of deck upstairs. I am not kidding.

Archived