Itinerary Change

globevest

Have just been advised by my TA that on an Eastern Med cruise in Oct 2013, Ashdod, Israel has been dropped from the itinerary and the planned 2 day stay in Haifa has been extended to three days.

I recognise the political uncertainty in that area of the world but surprised this change has been made at this time. Ashdod is the normal access point to Jerusalem. Haifa in the north is somewhat out of the way.

Would appreciate any insight/comments from CC cruisers. Thank you.

Have just been advised by my TA that on an Eastern Med cruise in Oct 2013, Ashdod, Israel has been dropped from the itinerary and the planned 2 day stay in Haifa has been extended to three days.

I recognise the political uncertainty in that area of the world but surprised this change has been made at this time. Ashdod is the normal access point to Jerusalem. Haifa in the north is somewhat out of the way.

Would appreciate any insight/comments from CC cruisers. Thank you.

When we docked at Haifa on an O cruise, we took the train from the port to Jerusalem. Very easy. Train station is a few steps from the dock. We overnighted in Jerusalem and re-boarded the ship the next night in Ashdod.

We were in Ashdod and Haifa on Riviera's July cruise. Many, if not most, passengers went to Jerusalem from both ports. Those who went to the dead sea also had to pass thru Jerusalem. My guess is that the problems in Gaza prompted the change. It should not be a deal breaker. There were concerns that O would change the routing after final payment, but we had no problems. The Marina cruise this autumn lost its Egyptian ports.

Archived