Stingray City and Valley Church Beach on our own?

joanna111

I'll be on the RCCL Enchantment in Antigua on January 19th, in port from 8am to 5pm. What I'd like to do is to take a cab from the cruise ship dock to Stingray City, visit the rays and then take a cab to Valley Church Beach for the afternoon and take a cab back to the ship. Is that doable?

Well, I think you'll find that you will need a boat to access the busiest parts of stingray city. There are some good private tour operators who will take you out to see the rays and then drop you off afterward wherever you want. You would then just need a cab back to the port.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I should clarify: I meant take a cab to Seaton's Village to the Stingray City land base and then go on one of the stingray city tours. Can private tour operators take you to where the stingrays are? That area is open to anyone who has a boat that can get there? I had assumed that it could only be accessed by the one company but maybe that's not true?

I should clarify: I meant take a cab to Seaton's Village to the Stingray City land base and then go on one of the stingray city tours. Can private tour operators take you to where the stingrays are? That area is open to anyone who has a boat that can get there? I had assumed that it could only be accessed by the one company but maybe that's not true?

It's about $20 US one way, or $40 return for taxi. Then there is also a price for the stingray city tour itself

Most people book through the cruise lines because it works out to be cheaper.

As far as I know the stingray tours are done through the same operator, there aren't any other tour operators that go.

If you want to visit stingray city AND go to the beach, then probably the best idea is to just book through another tour operator (e.g. Lawrence etc) which will combine both

Valley Church is a very nice beach and easy to get to via cab (think distance from port to beach is around 8 miles).

There is a beach bar there and many cab drivers hang out there in afternoon to return fares back to port.

Archived