Tour between getting off ship and flight?

Diamondring

Does anyone know of a company that picks up from the pier and does a tour and drop off at IAH? We have a 6:00 flight, and sitting in an airport would not be fun for so long. Maybe a rental car is a better idea? Is it possible to get a rental car at the pier and drop off at the airport? I read that possibly Enterprise is the only choice? Princess offers a tour to the Space Center, but I don't believe there are any other options besides just the shuttle to the airport. Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi

My friend and I are on the Jan 5 Crown Princess out of Galveston. Our return flight leaves around 6pm also. We have booked the Princess tour and shuttle to make the long wait a little easier.

I have read that disembarkation at Galveston can be very time consuming. The only car rental in Galveston appears to be Enterprise. The office is only open from 9am to Noon on Saturday so if you miss the short openiing time you are out of luck.

We looked into this at the time we booked the cruise and decided to go with the Princess option because they will be there waiting for everyone disembarking and will not leave without us (I hope!)

Archived