priceline tampa for cruise

cary1306

I've never used a bidding site, but if the Rocky Point, Westshore or downtown area is among the choices, you can't go wrong with them.

Areas to avoid: The stadium area, Fairgrounds area and, this is just my opinion, but the Ybor City area is known for a party area. If this is what you may be looking for, than it would work, but just too much for us.

The Rocky Point Area is an island and near the airport with a nice view of the bay. This is where we usually stay, there is a Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Rocky point and Chase Suites Rocky Point, all with good cruise pkgs.

Westshore is also near the airport, a more corporate area with more shopping and restaurants albeit near the interstate without much of a view. Embassy Suites, Ramada and a few other good ones.

Downtown Tampa, closest to the port but probably more pricey. It would be hard to find a hotel that would offer an airport shuttle so if you snag a hotel in this area, be prepared to pay for a taxi. apx $25 each way.

Airport area hotels will probably emcompass the Westshore and perhaps Rocky Point but please be careful of getting a stadium hotel as that area is also pretty close to the airport.

Hope this helps, even a little.

:)

Just for the heck of it, I priced out a few hotels with cruise pkgs for Jan 19-20th. Here is a link to the Chase Suites. This cruise pkg includes airport shuttle, suite, breakfast, and a shuttle to the port and pick-up after your cruise. Also free shuttle service anywhere in a 5 mile radius of the hotel.

https://www.reservations-page.com/C00526/H08791/be.aspx

It looks like you can get a Studio Suite under the cruise pkg for $133.28 total. IF you consider that all of your transportation needs are incl, plus a free bkfst, it turns out to be a pretty good deal, at least in my

opinion. There is a restaurant adjacent to the hotel (Bahama Breeze) It looks like the Hampton Rocky Point is already booked up and the Holiday Inn RP states to call the hotel directly for availbility.

Good luck to you and have a great cruise.

If you do Priceline, consider taxi fare and such added in. Just a tip. :)

Archived