favorite spot for dinner for local cuisine

ginka

We will be in port from on 1/8/2013 1 pm (unless we get in late which seems to be a problem on the Caribbean Princess!) and will be there until late evening. We plan on doing a tour of the island and doing some shopping, but would love to experience a dinner that at someplace that is a favorite of the locals or repeat vacationers. Dont really want a tourist trap, but want good food and cool experience. oh, and reasonable! :)

if you are able to offer a suggestion, could you please tell the approximate location or if it is within walking distance or if a cab or other transportation would be needed.

thanks!

One of the best spots in Willemstad is the Wine Cellar, across from the cathederal. This is upscale dining though.

Another good spot, not quite as expensive, if you wish to head out away from Willemstad and Punda near the cruise ship docks, is Mangos out on De Savaan 10a in Westpunt.

In the Fort Rif complex by the Mega Pier, there are a couple of restaurants up on the 3rd/4th level with nice views. I've had lunch and drinks in both but not dinner. Iguanas, along the waterfront on the other side of the floating bridge serves local food but is also attracted to cruise passengers.

thank you for the suggestions! I will check them out. and curacaoqueen, just to understand what you said, does that mean that all that is there are authentic curacao restaraunts? So maybe any local place would be good. I just meant that I dont want a place like 'carlo's and charlies' (not even sure if there is anything like that there!)

Archived