Help!

sj25

Help!!!

What is it like around the port where the ship is at? I see we tender in ( We are coming in on the Liberty)...so didn't know if there is anything really right there? I just wanted a beach but didn't want to pay an arm and leg we have 5 of us. I am being told not to do anything on your own at this port.

So any help thanks ahead of time.

We have been to Belize twice. First time my DH took a horse-riding excursion thru RCL (he said it was OK but just that), I hired a female taxi driver to walk me around town for an hour. I enjoyed the walk especially since she kept the aggressive vendors at bay. Belize is very poor and the area in town is not great for walking. Second time there we both walked around outside the port area on our own but only for an hour, my DH was not comfortable. We didn't find any decent beaches in our research so haven't been to any there.

We will be in Belize in March and more than likely will stay on the ship. If we decide to take the tender we will stay in the Port area and just strolled around inside that compound.

K

We have been to Belize twice. First time my DH took a horse-riding excursion thru RCL (he said it was OK but just that), I hired a female taxi driver to walk me around town for an hour. I enjoyed the walk especially since she kept the aggressive vendors at bay. Belize is very poor and the area in town is not great for walking. Second time there we both walked around outside the port area on our own but only for an hour, my DH was not comfortable. We didn't find any decent beaches in our research so haven't been to any there.

We will be in Belize in March and more than likely will stay on the ship. If we decide to take the tender we will stay in the Port area and just strolled around inside that compound.

K

First thanks for the response!

Is there very many shops there at the port area? I have debated about even tendering in. My daughter asked if there is any Senior Frog or Margaritaville there at port?

You are most welcome.

I know we stopped and had a beer at a bar over the water but sorry, don't remember the name of it. There are a number of shops with much of the usual offerings, a lot of people go to the Pharmacy (tucked in the back to the far right as you look inland) for low cost drugs. If we get off the ship I would go there to buy some Lagelty which is a cream for arthritis, I find it works better than voltaren. If not, we will enjoy the day at the Solarium and maybe indulge in a spa special. :D

Kathy

There are a number of shops right at the dock. The Wet Lizard is also right there. A good place to have a beer or whatever. There are a number of nice shops and bars in the area. This is all very safe . I think definitely worth the tender trip , as that is a nice ride. No beaches here ,however.

sany1943x.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sany1948p.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Archived