Comfort Suites

coiran

Can anyone give me a straight unbiased opinion of the Comfort Suites on Federal Hwy in Fort Lauderdale - there have been a lot of comments/threads about Comfort, but there are several in Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks

Ron

We stayed there last month. Although it is right on the highway, there was very

little noise. The 'suites' were large rooms with a sitting area, sink, microwave and

fridge. Lots of room and clean. THis is not a luxury property by any means but we

found it comfortable for 2 nights pre-cruise and the service was good. Included in

the price was shuttle pick-up at the airport - fairly prompt and efficient - and shuttle

to the cruise port, plus continental breakfast each morning (with fresh-cooked,

self-serve waffles). There were plenty of eateries in the area, including an

Outback, all within walking distance, plus small stores and a Publix Market about

6 blocks away. We even walked to the Hyatt Pier 66 to take the water-taxi, although

the hotel advertises shuttle service to the convention center, too.

All in all, we (2 senior couples) found it quite satisfactory at a reasonable price.

Cliff

We stayed there last month. Although it is right on the highway, there was very

little noise. The 'suites' were large rooms with a sitting area, sink, microwave and

fridge. Lots of room and clean. THis is not a luxury property by any means but we

found it comfortable for 2 nights pre-cruise and the service was good. Included in

the price was shuttle pick-up at the airport - fairly prompt and efficient - and shuttle

to the cruise port, plus continental breakfast each morning (with fresh-cooked,

self-serve waffles). There were plenty of eateries in the area, including an

Outback, all within walking distance, plus small stores and a Publix Market about

6 blocks away. We even walked to the Hyatt Pier 66 to take the water-taxi, although

the hotel advertises shuttle service to the convention center, too.

All in all, we (2 senior couples) found it quite satisfactory at a reasonable price.

Cliff

Hi Cliff

Thank you very much - I have read reviews stating "never Again" - "Do Not Stay Here" to "Very Good" We have reservations for Oct 29 (everything else is booked or overpriced because of the International Boat Show) We have 3 people DW, myself and our adult Son for a precruise stay.

Again, thank you, you have been very helpful.

Ron

Cliff:

Thanks for the info from our family also. We will be staying there for one night pre-cruise in July and another post-cruise. I'm glad to hear that it is a decent place and that someone has actually stayed there - I thought we were going to be the first.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks from me, too. I just booked it tonight for a pre-cruise stay on October 7, and then saw a review on Yahoo from someone who had just stayed there last week and it said it was filthy with torn linens and a rusty bathtub. It kind of freaked me out. The other two reviews on Yahoo were satisfactory, but they were older. At any rate, I appreciate hearing from someone who stayed there recently and had a good experience. I feel better now. Thanks again!

Archived