Cape Liberty...

JH1002

I know NOTHING about this port nor it's proximity to the NY area. Can anyone help me. A group of us are taking the Summit on 4/27/12 out of San Juan and ending at Cape Liberty. I need some ideas on...

1) What is preferable or easiest airport to use?

2) For those of us wanting to stay an extra night or two, so we could explore a small bit of Manhatten and maybe a broadway play, which area would be best for hotel?

3) How does one get from cruise port to airport?

4) Where is cruise port in regard to Manhatten and airports.

Help?! Seriously any help would be most appreciated.:confused:

Cape Liberty is in Bayonne NJ, across the river from NYC. The closest major airport is Newark (EWR). The best way to get from the dock to the airport via a car service (cabs can be a bit expensive). As for lodging, I will defer to those a bit more familiar with the area.

Enjoy your cruise.

As Ken said (Hi Ken!) for folks disembarking and flying out the same day, Newark would be the airport of choice. In addition to cabs and car services, there are also airport shuttles for $16/pp.

For those who want to go into Manhattan for one or two nights, any of the NY airports would be OK. LaGuardia is closest to Manhattan, Newark next, and JFK the furthest. Car service (not cabs) to Manhattan is a definite must unless you are going to use public transit.

What exact dates would the folks be looking for rooms in Manhattan? What kind of budget do they have? Staying in midtown would be the most convenient, but sometimes there are great deals downtown on the weekend. It doesn't really matter exactly where you stay because chances are you will want to go someplace that is not nearby. The primary forms of transportation in New York are walking, subway, bus and cab. There are also HoHo (hop on hop off) sightseeing buses that can be an easy way to see the sights.

Archived