London to Dover Tour/Transfer company

celie1110

HI Princess, Thanks for the transfer information. I will contact them. You got an excellent quote and also seem to have a reliable recommendation for the service.

I love your "Royal" name. Great for this trip!! Springlake

Thanks, Springlake. I used to be Princess Di (my 2 initials); however, I forgot my password so had to log in differently. DUH ! :eek:

Therefore, I have a lot more posts than show. :confused:

Hi Springlake,

Where did you find the recommendations?

EGG

EGG: Read my Post just prior:

"I think it was Alex from the Churchill Inn that suggested Coastal Cars Airport Services so I booked with them just last night. No deposit needed, just arrival time & date + airline and flight number:

WEBSITE: http://www.coastalcarsairportservices.co.uk/contact-us

On Feb 28, 2014, at 11:04 PM, Coastal Cars <coastalcarsairportservices@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Donna,

Our price for this transfer would be £108 (cash) or £112 if paying by card.

HI , too be honest I can't remember any more where I got the recommendations. There have been many suggestions. Princess has replied how she got the coastal name from her Dover hotel above.

I have exchanged emails with many or the companies suggested on the forum , roll call and the Brittish isle area of forum I eventually narrowed it down to Flolkstone or Smith's. I wanted to use a regular credit card , not have to get pounds when we land at airport and not use pay pal. They do not require deposit ahead. Both were very reponsive and I have seen either on their website or forum that both are reliable. They charge between 120 to 140 pounds pounds plus parking. Thas one one other service mentioned on the site that was cheaper, if I recall correctly wanted Pay pal or something like that. We don't leave until Aug 31, so I have a little time. I gather both of these are fine. Good luck., Springlake

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI: The Costal Cars website has a glitch right now that does not allow a person to book--at least for the date/time I need for my cruise. However, if anyone here wants to use them and experiences a similar glitch, send them an email, and they will ask you to send them an email to book.

Downside: Payment is by PayPal. I prefer paying by American Express, especially since Amex is wonderful when it comes to challenging charges/service.

I might still use them, but now that I see the PayPal thing, I'm not sure. I use PayPal all the time, but I'm not sure that I want to use PayPal for this.

I love their pricing, though. I might call the Churchill Inn to discuss it, since they recommend them.

Edited by TravelKnitter

HI Travel Knitter, I agree comopletely with you .I also did not want to use Pay Pay or have to get cash (pounds at airport) So I will use Smith. They have been responsive and seem to be well organized . They may charge a little more, but they take all credit ards at time of transfer. They have provided me with formal booking and number. THe price is 140 plus 6 and small charge for using credit card.

May be a little more expensive, but I think I will get what we need using credit card etc. ie Amex, who are always helpful with east if there is a problem.

Hope to see you on board if we make our transfers!! If you talk to Churchill Inn ask if they have experience with Smith's

Springlake (Risa

HI Travelknitter, Here is the web site

smithsforairports.com/index.html

I corresponded with Sharon at the following address

bookings@smithsforairports.com

If you wish I can also try to sen you the recommendation that I had found on the cruisecritic web site , while researching this after I decided against the others.

Let me now if this work? risa

Here is the quote the I saw on the site re this car service: it sounded very positive to me.

We have used Smiths from Heathrow to Southampton and they are terrific. The driver was right on time, provided safe, quick transport, as well as jolly good conversation.

The price for two passengers is the same or less than the Princess transfer and it beats a bus by a wide margin.

P&J

Fair winds, clear skies, and following seas to all!

Princess Cruises - Princess Elite:

Grand Princess - Oct. 2013 - Hawaii

Sapphire Princess - Mar. 2013 - Hawaii

Caribbean Princess - Aug. 2012 - TransAtlantic - Southampton/New York

Diamond Princess - Mar. 2012 - Asia - Singapore/Beijing

Risa,

Thank you so much. I have written for a quote -- both from HR to our London hotel and then from our London hotel to our Dover hotel. Much appreciated.

I look forward to meeting you!

Best,

Lee

Edited by TravelKnitter

HI I am glad you were able to contact them. I hope it works out .

Where do you live We live in the Washington DC area , but are snowbirds in Naples Sl during the winter. We also spent many years in Baltimore for educaton and professional reasons.

This trip we will go to Paris after Hamburg. as we have many connections to Paris.

Looking forward to the cruise and meeting you a well. RM

I started this thread back in 2012 asking about Penguins Ltd. Well we ended up using them for the transfer a 3 hr tour of a London. They were horrible!! I do not recommend them at all. Our 3 hr tour was 1 1/2 hrs. All he did was drive past all the sites and said there is Big Ben, there is Harrords etc. I asked to stop at Buckingham Palace and the guide gave me a hard time before he said we can stop for 15 min. Next thing we knew we were in some highway/freeway going like 100 mph and I had to ask if the tour was over. I was scared to death on the drive there. Please do not use them for tours or transfers!

• 1 month later...