Carnival Liberty Eastern Review: Dec 22, 2012

AdobeRN

Great Review and Great Pictures.

Question, what is included in the cruise price and what is not?

Specifically, Guys Burger Place and some of the other new features that are part of Carnival 2.0.

I have not sailed Carnival in several years, especially since they started tyhis 2.0 program so I am curious what extras may have to come out of my pocket.

Seriously considering the Liberty for Aug. 2013.

I sailed on her back in October on this same itinerary and I'm considering doing it again NEXT October. :) (I will get to Half Moon Cay someday, darnit!) I'll probably have to 'settle' for a shorter Victory cruise, though.

One of the best things about the FunShip 2.0 upgrades is that virtually all of the new features are fee-free. Guy's Burger Joint and the Blue Iguana Cantina are both 'free' (with paid fare, of course ;) ).

Offhand I can't think of any parts of the upgrades that require a new, separate fee, although of course you'll have to pay to use some of them (like the new bars).

Edited by Pellaz

I sailed on her back in October on this same itinerary and I'm considering doing it again NEXT October. :) (I will get to Half Moon Cay someday, darnit!) I'll probably have to 'settle' for a shorter Victory cruise, though.

One of the best things about the FunShip 2.0 upgrades is that virtually all of the new features are fee-free. Guy's Burger Joint and the Blue Iguana Cantina are both 'free' (with paid fare, of course ;) ).

Offhand I can't think of any parts of the upgrades that require a new, separate fee, although of course you'll have to pay to use some of them (like the new bars).

The only things that were extra were some items on the Red Frog menu - more like appetizer items. We did not try any of them - there was so much more to snack on the was "free".

Your family looks so fun and looks like they enjoyed many of the same things my family will be doing!!

We like to have a good time but I think it will be awhile before all 9 of vacation together. When you get a big group together it is hard to keep everyone happy. At least on a cruise there is something for everyone to do.

Fantastic review! Our family took the exact same itinerary on Liberty the year before over Christmas week. Loved every minute of it and can not wait until we are back on Liberty. :)

Thank you - I loved it too...I would do this one again - especially if it included HMC...someday I will make it there :)

• 3 weeks later...