POA Question Na Pali Coast

Babakay

We will be sailing soon on the POA and have booked an inside cabin which I think will be fine for this cruise since we won't be in the cabin too much. However I am thinking I will really miss a balcony when we leave Kauai and sail the by the Na Pali coast.. Can anyone recommend the best viewing spots on the ship for me and the approximate time of the sailby and length? Any other tips would be most helpful!

Viewing will be on the portside. It essentially starts at sail away at 2 pm and lasts about 3 hours until 5-5:30. The first couple of hours is the sail by of the North Shore of Kauai, which is very beautiful, and the last hour or so is the Na Pali Coast sail by. Don't miss any of it!

We've cruised Hawaii many times in an inside cabin. We never get tired of the Napali Coast viewing. Just go to any outdoor area on the port side of the ship. The decks around the pool do have glass windbreaker panels in place. In order to take photos there you have to position your camera between the panels. Not impossible, but you do have to stand right up against the glass. We like the outdoor buffet area at the very back of the ship. There are tables and chairs and a bar right there for beverages. But, there are plenty of open decks along the port side where you can view. During the week, explore all the open areas on the port side and identify your favorite. Then, on the last afternoon, stake out your favorite area early as it does get crowded. And, do not make the same mistake as I did......make sure your camera is fully charged!!

There will also be narration given that you wouldn't be able to hear in your cabin.

Get up to deck really early to get good spot. I suggest you head for the outdoor cafe for a railing table.

Is there really no way to hear this in your cabin or on your balcony? Maybe via the TV? I would hate to miss hearing the narration, but would much rather not be in the crowds on deck if I can avoid it.

While there was viewing from both sides of the ship (since you turn around), I'd make it a point to do the majority of your viewing from the port side. We found it was getting too dark by the time we were half-way back (so, viewing from starboard), and viewing was not as good. Also, most of the whales we saw were well into the excursion while viewing was still from the port side (though we were there very early in the season; early Dec). We saw a few mid-way along the coast, but most shortly before turn-around. We saw no whales on the way back.

Archived