NEED some help-BART and hotel

greatam

Need to go to a trade show on Jan 20-22. I have to be there by Jan 18 for the load in. We have a lot of freight that we are responsible to get into Moscone Center.

Was going to drive and just don't have the time. Plus I don't want to hassle the parking fee and driving into downtown every day.

So now I will fly into SFO. Now the logistics questions. I haven't been in downtown SF in 15 years. But know that I can get from the airport to someplace close to Moscone via BART.

So should I stay in the Embarcadero, Fisherman's Wharf or out by the airport? Hotels at this late date around Moscone are sky high ($300+).

There are two of us-need two beds. Found a 4* on Hotwire in the Embarcadero for $135+ per night. How much hassle is it going to be to get to Moscone every single day for 5 days from a hotel in the Embarcadero. Isn't there are BART stop really, really close to Moscone???

Looked at all the BART maps and am still confused. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last time we stayed in San Francisco (summer 11) we stayed at a hotel by Union Square. It wasn't to bad of a walk from there to the BART station that was at Powell and Market street. That is the same bart station that the Moscone center says to use on their web site. http://www.moscone.com/directions/public.shtml. Might I suggest there. Google maps says its a Mile away. http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Union+Square,+San+Francisco,+CA&daddr=moscone+center&hl=en&sll=37.786657,-122.403209&sspn=0.00892,0.01929&geocode=FVqZQAId8zW0-Cm7QP3TjoCFgDG6tkyZtdlB_g%3BFWSKQAId4Ey0-CGP9wlbj42ELynJV_Vlh4CFgDGP9wlbj42ELw&oq=union+s&gl=us&mra=ls&t=m&z=16

If you chose to stay at the Fisherman's wharf or even in the Embarcadero I would take a cab to the Moscone center. We cabbed around a lot when we were there last and it wasn't that outrageous from what I recall.

I didn't time it but the Bart did seem to take a while from the Powell Street station to SFO. Of course the time that you would want to spend is a personal choice.

Hope this helps.

The BART station closest to Moscone is Powell. From the Powell Station you can either a) walk to the 4th St. Exit and go south on 4th Street to Moscone or you can cut through the San Francisco Centre, head to Bloomingdale's, cut through Bloomingdale's and exit at its Mission Street entrance (might not be a good idea if you're a shopaholic :p) Once out the door, make a left and walk up Mission Street to 4th St. Make a right on 4th Street and you're there!

I live near the 16th and Mission BART station, so the hotel part is just a good guess. From the airport hotels, it would be a haul to Moscone so I would go for a hotel in the Financial District or Fisherman's Wharf. That way you could take Muni (or BART if you are close enough to the Embarcadero or Montgomery stations) to Moscone or if you are close enough and up to it you could walk there.

Enjoy your convention.

I would vote for a hotel by the financial district or Embarcadero. Get a transit map and look up the schedules for the buses and streetcars that will take you from the hotel to the Moscone. Many of the buses run at least every 10 minutes. At night when things quiet down you can always get a taxi if you don't want to wait for the bus. Public transportation in SF is very good

Archived