Classic drinks package, what is included please?

Jo and Rob

Jo

We like you booked a Celebrity cruise before the free drinks package was advertised. We also have free parking plus $500 OBC. Did you have the OBC and did they let you keep it. We always get the Classic package and will this year too. Can you let me have more info so I can work out if its worth me contacting Celebrity.

Roger

There was no 1,2,3 option in the UK. We didn't have OBC so had nothing to lose there. I just contacted our TA and asked to be given the same benefits as a new customer and Celebrity said yes with no penalty or admin fee. What is so wonderful is we don't normally have an alcohol package so it will be a real treat, especially having recommended wine by the sommelier. I had the non alcoholic premium last time and loved it but this is going to be real fun. :)

Baileys, Kahlua, Frangelico and Hot Coffee - $6.00

Does this mean I can get Irish coffees with the classic package?

Edited by Jo and Rob

Jo, last month when we were on the Equinox, we ordered two Irish coffees after our dinner. The bill was for $13.80 ($6.00 each plus $.90 gratuity @ 15%). So that means, yes, your Irish coffee is included in a Classic package. ;)

Here's what you get in the Classic Alcohol Package:

You Get This in the Classic Non-Alcohol Package

In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water.

PLUS:

Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all Beers up to $5 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving.

Most glasses of champagne (sparkling wine) is above $8 a glass, so you will have to pay the full price of that beverage separately. See, if you purchased the Premium Alcohol Package, any drink that's above $12, all you pay is the difference in price (for example, a glass of wine that costs $18, you'd only pay the additional $6, but with the Classic Package, you'd have to pay the full $18).

I pre-purchased the Classic Non-Alcohol Package and am hoping that the fresh squeezed juices will be available all the time at any bar. Seemed there was an issue with that on a previous cruise. Has anyone had experience with that, particularly on the Silhouette? Also, does anyone know if VitaminWater is available?

I pre-purchased the Classic Non-Alcohol Package and am hoping that the fresh squeezed juices will be available all the time at any bar. Seemed there was an issue with that on a previous cruise. Has anyone had experience with that, particularly on the Silhouette? Also, does anyone know if VitaminWater is available?

I dont think FRESH squeezed as available at all bars...i saw vitamin water in the spa

Jo, last month when we were on the Equinox, we ordered two Irish coffees after our dinner. The bill was for $13.80 ($6.00 each plus $.90 gratuity @ 15%). So that means, yes, your Irish coffee is included in a Classic package. ;)

The news just gets better and better. :)

We also added the 123 promo of the Classic Bev Pkg to our cruise. Lost the $100 OBC for booking onboard, but getting the free drink pkg is worth way more than $100. We were happy to be going on Summit for the itin and the fact that it is $400 less than Royal even with our D+ balcony discount on Royal. Getting the free drink pkg is just icing on the cake!

I was planning on booking the premium non-alcohol pkg but took the free classic alcohol drink packages in the 1-2-3 promo.

I am just trying to figure out if I will be able to get a frappe or croccante from Cafe al Bacio with the classic package, hoping I can at least get the frappes.

I don't drink, at all, so I am also wondering if it is going to be a problem ordering virgin frozen drinks since those wouldn't fall under the alcohol part and they are not included in the classic non-alcohol.

This is all so confusing.

If you look online you will see that Celebrity offers both classic and premium non-alcoholic packages. Your classic alcoholic package will include the non-alcoholic beverages included in the classic non-alcoholic package but not those included in the premium non-alcoholic package.

The main differences I'm aware of are that the classic package includes a basic brand of bottled water which could vary from cruise to cruise. It does not include Evian or any sparkling water - although you might occasionally receive Evian if the bar you get bottled water from is out of the lesser brand. The classic package includes all basic coffee drinks including your Americano but does not include the specialty coffees listed after Hot Chocolate on page 5 of the current Cafe al Bacio menu: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Cafe-al-Bacio-Menu-Silhouette-Dec-2012.pdf (at least that is what a waiter at the Cafe told me last cruise).

If you look at the Celebrity web site you'll see a couple of other items included in the Premium NA package which are not part of the classic NA package such as smoothies, energy drinks and a few other bottled items.

We just decided to book the Eclipse from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale and got the classic package on the current offer. Thanks so much for thiis bar menu from 2010 but we are still on the fence of whether to upgrade. We like a martini before dinner, wine with dinner, a couple of coffee drinks during the day,etc. We think at the full 44/54 pp it is not worth it for us (especially since we normally get a bottle of wine with dinner not glasses) - but this gives us a chance to try it out. The issue for us is the wine available in the package. At the prices on that menu we could probably make due - but most were already at the boundary so if they have gone up since then they would not.

Does anyone have recent bar, martini, wine menus they could scan and post?

Thanks

...Does anyone have recent bar, martini, wine menus they could scan and post?

Thanks

With only a couple exceptions the martinis at the martini bar are $10. Here is a link to a copy of the wine list from last month:http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Wine-List-MDR-Silhouette-Dec-2012-s.pdf

With only a couple exceptions the martinis at the martini bar are $10. Here is a link to a copy of the wine list from last month:http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Wine-List-MDR-Silhouette-Dec-2012-s.pdf

Last cruise in sept. we had the classic bev, pkg and was able to get martini's (just smaller size)

Joanne

Last cruise in sept. we had the classic bev, pkg and was able to get martini's (just smaller size)

Joanne

I'm with you, Joanne! Definitely able to get a smaller martini (6.00) in the Martini Bar on the Classic Alcohol beverage package. :D

We were lucky enough to get free Classic drinks packages on our Baltic cruise in the summer after a phone call this morning (new offer honoured to previous booking - well done Celebrity!) and wonder what exactly you get.

My favourite drinks are:

• frozen drinks
  • sparkling wine
  • cocktails
  • iced coffees
  • Americano
  • coke
  • Irish coffee
  • freshly squeezed orange juice
  • mud slide
  • Baileys
  • Evian

I had the premium non-alcoholic last time and wonder if there were drinks on that which are unavailable on the alcohol classic (which would seem a bit daft but could be true)

You are very lucky in getting this package free for each of you. I booked a Europe Cruise in Oct 12 for sailing in July13. Rang Celebrity to ask about getting the package free and they said no cause we had already booked. Then they told me to ask our travel agent to ask , at the end of the day Celebrity are really the ones that have to give it. ITS not FAIR being organised and they have $800 deposit from us too.

We live in Australia - I think it sucks. Wonder if I can get a 10 % discount later on in the year getting closer to the cruise.

Joanne

Thanks so much for the current wine list - as suspected many of the wines that were right at the boundary in 2010 are now over the $8 for the classic. I think I have convinced the hubby that since this is my birthday present we should upgrade..... ;)

Going on Reflection next month and thinking about getting the premium package - does anyone know if you can order drinks in the speciality restruants? I know you can't order them for room service but is that they only place you can't use it?

WOW - this could be fun!!

Thanks !!

Going on Reflection next month and thinking about getting the premium package - does anyone know if you can order drinks in the speciality restruants? I know you can't order them for room service but is that they only place you can't use it?

WOW - this could be fun!!

Thanks !!

Yes - you can order drinks which are included in your package in every bar, lounge, and dining area on the ship or any other place where drinks by the glass are served. There are only two exceptions that I know of: (1) stateroom service including room service and mini-bar, and (2) the wine vending machines in Cellarmasters - although service from the waiter in Cellarmasters is included.

Edited by Lsimon

Hello everyone! I am really confused! I have read through pages and pages on the boards....and am still trying to figure out what cocktails are included in the classic package. I am referring to mixed drinks like mojitos or frozen drinks like margaritas etc. It seems like such a good deal now that Celebrity is offering the Classic package for free, but I am thinking it may be a big hassle. Thanks....

Debbie

Some info re Classic Package for UK departures. Past threads noted that due to either UK passenger resistance/UK Consumer Law bar prices advertised on UK departures required to state the exact cost i.e. inclusive of the 15% service charge. This meant a beer on Worldwide cruises would be $5 with 15% added to you bill while on UK departures the price would be $5.75 paid at the bar. I enquired with Celebrity if this meant certain $5 and $8 drinks would now be priced at $5.75 and $9.20 on UK sailings and would therefore be outwith the Classic Package drinks limit. They have advised that because of the different pricing structure UK sailings have a per drink limit of $5.75 and $9.20 ensuring that the same drinks are available from wherever you sail.

Hello everyone! I am really confused! I have read through pages and pages on the boards....and am still trying to figure out what cocktails are included in the classic package. I am referring to mixed drinks like mojitos or frozen drinks like margaritas etc. It seems like such a good deal now that Celebrity is offering the Classic package for free, but I am thinking it may be a big hassle. Thanks....

Debbie

The main difference between the classic and premium package is the liquor included. Most standard drinks, including mojitos, frozen drinks, margaritas, and drinks that are basically a mixer and liquor are covered with the classic package unless you request a top shelf liquor. There are some exceptions including some fancy cocktails, the large martinis which are standard at the martini bar (but the smaller martinis made at most other bars are OK) and a few other things but for the most part most cocktails are covered.

The hard part in getting details on this ahead of time is that they do not have a comprehensive menu of liquor based bar drinks. Most printed bar menus list a bunch of fancy cocktail suggestions but don't have common cocktails and drinks listed.

Here is a link for some menus posted by another poster that is either current, or relatively current. Follow the link then click on the Silhouette Med Cruise (second from the top) then click on the "To Ship Menus" link at the top of the next page. As you scroll down there are several bar menus including the standard bar menu, the martini bar menu (not covered by classic package) and the molecular bar menu (not covered by classic package):

http://www.thepreismans.com/

Edited by Lsimon

Debbie

We just tried the Classic pkg on the Eclipse. Every frozen drink I asked for, Mudslikes, Strawberry Daiquiris, Pina Coladas, mojitos, etc were covered. I was even able to get martinis in the martini bar, just in a smaller glass....so you have 2 of those. We also got freshly squeezed juices, specialty coffees and tea as well as the carbonated drinks.

I guess it must be posted somewhere, but I can't find it, so I'd appreciate your input. If I get the Classic, does DH have to get it, too? He likes top shelf liquor, but I'm not picky about liquor. So would it be acceptable for me to get the Classic and DH the Premium?

I guess it must be posted somewhere, but I can't find it, so I'd appreciate your input. If I get the Classic, does DH have to get it, too? He likes top shelf liquor, but I'm not picky about liquor. So would it be acceptable for me to get the Classic and DH the Premium?

Absolutely!

If you are buying the drink packages on your own, you can each purchase whichever one you want.

If you are going with the 1-2-3 promotion, the "rules" state that both must have the same package, meaning you both would need to upgrade to Premium.

• 7 months later...
So the tips are factored in??

the tips are added onto the purchase price when you purchase the package. They are also factored into the complimentary promotional packages. So there is no need to tip when obtaining drinks. Some choose to tip additional if they receive extra special service but this is entirely optional.