Hotel in Tahiti, suggestions needed please

My husband and I will be in arriving into Papete at midnight and would like a suggestion for a inexpensive hotel to sleep at. The next day we will be taking the ferry to Moorea to stay in an Over Water bungalow at the Sheraton for two nights pre-cruise. Arriving at midnight we will only be using the hotel to sleep so we don't need anything fancy or with lots of facilities--but I can not stay anywhere dirty or rundown. I wouldn't be able to sleep thinking bugs were in the room :-) I heard hotel quality is much different there and I am looking for something up to American standards of at least a Marriott Courtyard or something similar.

Thanks so much!!

Try the Hotel Le Mandarin. We were considering this one for our pre cruise stay. IT s downtown Papeete near the docks..

http://www.hotelmandarin.com/

I had them quote me about $150 a night for a room for September. This is as budget as the prices get..bummer you will just be sleeping there for the night..but I also read someone's review who stayed here one night pre-cruise..they said it was clean and adequate and they were able to roll their luggage right to the dock from there..the Princess docks right next to the Moorea ferry.

Anyway..hope that helps..we decided on the Sheraton since we are staying two nights and we wanted to have pool access for a full day in case we got hot and wanted to take a dip...

Have fun!

We stayed at LeMandarin in March - it is NOT ON PAR with a Marriot Courtyard! Don't get me wrong, it was acceptable for one night's sleep. The sheets were clean, but everything else was kinda dingy. Grout in the bathroom was moldy, the hallway was very depressing to walk through. If we came in again at midnight and only needed a place to sleep we WOULD stay there again, but if you want to compare it to a US chain, I would have to say it's comparable to a run-down motel six. Have a great time.

Tammy

We stayed at LeMandarin in March - it is NOT ON PAR with a Marriot Courtyard! Don't get me wrong, it was acceptable for one night's sleep. The sheets were clean, but everything else was kinda dingy. Grout in the bathroom was moldy, the hallway was very depressing to walk through. If we came in again at midnight and only needed a place to sleep we WOULD stay there again, but if you want to compare it to a US chain, I would have to say it's comparable to a run-down motel six. Have a great time.

Tammy

Thanks for letting me know Tammy. Run-down motel six doesn't sound good. This is why I ask people becuase website pictures can be deceiving. I think I may just stay with a brand name hotel then. It stinks since we will really only be sleeping there for about 8 hours.

Has anyone else stayed anywhere that was decent in Tahiti?

Thanks!!

Archived