NCL Gem - cabin selection question

I am booked on the Gem for March 2014 and currently just booked an Inside Guarantee. I would prefer to be mid-ship and right now they have an upgrade from 1E to a 1A.

For those of you who've been on the Gem, if I were to do the 1A is there a particular cabin that you would suggest to minimize noise, etc?

Thanks in advance.

I am booked on the Gem for March 2014 and currently just booked an Inside Guarantee. I would prefer to be mid-ship and right now they have an upgrade from 1E to a 1A.

For those of you who've been on the Gem, if I were to do the 1A is there a particular cabin that you would suggest to minimize noise, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to say but the cruise line tells you where your cabin will be when you book a Guarantee. Your loss of choice of cabin is why the price is cheap.

You may want to cancel ,and rebook . Be careful of re-booking fee's.

Sorry to say but the cruise line tells you where your cabin will be when you book a Guarantee. Your loss of choice of cabin is why the price is cheap.

You may want to cancel ,and rebook . Be careful of re-booking fee's.

Biker, since the OP mentions category IA, I'm assuming they're considering upgrading from a guarantee to a specific cabin number.

OP, I can recommend a great resource on CC: Gem deck plans with integrated cabin reviews! This was a great help to me when booking my upcoming Gem cruise. You select the deck, then the cabin type, and you find reviews for specific cabin numbers. The cabin type codes are out of date (I, II, J, JJ instead of IA, IB, IC etc.), but you should be able to figure it out.

If your exact cabin number isn't listed you can look at a nearby cabin or the same cabin on one of the Gem's sister ships (Jewel, Pearl, Jade) to at least have some idea.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/norwegian-gem-deck-plans/dp/

I just got the confirmation from my TA and it looks like we have a cabin assignment of 4555 so it looks like we don't have the inside GTY like I thought.

From the looks of the deck plan that cabin is mid/forward ship. Anyone have thoughts on how this cabin would be for motion? I assume fairly stable given that it's low and closer to mid ship...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using Tapatalk 2

Archived