New Orleans Port Questions

ncas004

Are the ships sailing out of New Orleans typically the "older" ships in the different cruise lines fleet? Once out of port, does it generally take 6-8 hours cruising down the Missippi to make it to the Gulf of Mexico?

I guess you can consider them "older", but the Conquest was just upgraded Oct/12 although it will be replaced by the "new" Sunshine in Nov 13.

Check out the link below

https://www.goccl.com/content/form-policy/documents/ShipClassGuide0312.pdf

To answer your second question, yes the trip up/down the River is about 6-8 hours. It's one of my favorite things as it relates to cruising out of New Orleans.

Good to know! I just booked a Christmas cruise on the Sunshine next Christmas. I didn't realize there was so much time cruising on the Mississippi, but now that I know I am looking forward to it!

Just realize as the above poster states, at that time of year, your trip downriver will be all or almost all in the dark and upriver will be all dark except for just arriving in port.

Archived