Family experience on NCL Dawn?

eventamy

We are doing a family cruise in June to Bermuda from Boston. All 10 of us with 3 generations. I would love to hear experiences of other families that have been aboard the Dawn. I have 2 daughters (6 & 9) and my nephew will be 22 months. Any and all suggestions would be wonderful!

We did this itinerary last June for our wedding and had a group of 17 ranging from our 5yo niece to those in 60's and 70's. Everyone had a great time! If all 10 of you want to eat together, see if you can either get a reservation or go early. The only times we had to wait for a table were when we went with a group of 8-12 together.

If I remember correctly, 5yo preferred kids pool to the big pool. Not sure if this was a crowding issue or because sometimes on sea days there are waves in the big pool. In Bermuda she loved the "baby beach" area of Horseshoe Bay beach (calm area to the right side as you walk toward beach) and the zoo/aquarium. When she wasn't too tired she also enjoyed riding the bus and ferry. I think she only did 1 activity with kids club (it involved face painting and a princess crown), but she did enjoy that too.

What date are you traveling. We went to Bermuda this past June - the air temp was 85 but the water was way too cold to swim. You may want to go later in the month. We really liked the kids pool area - great for younger kids!

This is true -- we went the second week in June, and while niece and father in law spent a fair amount of time in the water, most other people found it too cold. But then again I've been to Bermuda over 4th of July and thought it was too cold then too, I'm just a wimp :)

We are leaving on June 21. So later in the month. My husband is a total wimp about cold water though, so I guess I'll have to go in with the kids. ;)

We took the NCL Majesty to Bermuda for our honeymoon 10 1/2 years ago, but that was at the end of July and was quite hot. I grew up on Cape Cod though so cold water doesn't really bother me, it's generally the norm.

I would love to know more about the kids club for my girls. And any suggestions for cruising with kids! Thanks!

Archived