dress

I brought my dress. I am sooo nervous. I feel like what if there was a better one, but at the same time I love this one. The wedding is 4 months a way.

I totally know how you feel. I probably tried on close to 100 dresses thinking the same thing, and what if something better comes out next season. BUT I finally bought my dress and I love it! Once it becomes your dress, it's better than all the other ones out there :)

Congratulations!

My wedding is in 6 months and I have been dreading dress shopping :( I know what's I want, and what I have in mind...just worried about how it looks. This body isn't what it used to be 10 years ago!!

Don't Dread, Embrace!!!! You are getting married now not 10 years ago, so you h2be loves what you got, so flaunt it. Besides the dresses are way better now then they were then, so you should be happy you are not buying a dress 10 years ago.

What kin of dresses are ya'll wearing? Big and poofy? Fit and flare? Beachy? I really want ivory and lace but have been worried it isn't destination wedding enough...we are getting married on board in Miami, so I might be able to pull it off.

What kin of dresses are ya'll wearing? Big and poofy? Fit and flare? Beachy? I really want ivory and lace but have been worried it isn't destination wedding enough...we are getting married on board in Miami, so I might be able to pull it off.

I'm wearing an Ivory A-line dress. I didn't go beachy, I like the look of a traditional wedding dress on a beach it looks kind of out of place which to me is fun. I know, I'm weird lol. But apart from that I had my dress before we decided to do a cruise wedding. We had started planning a land wedding at an awesome B&B near us and my heart just wasn't in it so we 180ed to a cruise! So I'm glad I'm ok with that look :) Beachy is fun too though. Don't tell anyone but I'm very tempted to buy a second dress for the reception that is more Caribbean feeling, I'm trying to restrain myself though. Hopefully my resolve lasts :)

Don't limit yourself to "beachy!" I say wear whatever you want! It's your wedding. So if you want to wear a tulle ballgown on the beach, go for it!

I'll be wearing a lace fit and flare gown with a Queen Anne neckline and keyhole back. And I'm wearing it the ENTIRE day. Lol! I will have a more casual back-up dress if I get uncomfortable, but you only get to wear the dress once. I plan on rocking it for as long as I can.

I will have a more casual back-up dress if I get uncomfortable, but you only get to wear the dress once. I plan on rocking it for as long as I can.

Soooo true!!!!! I am going to wear that dress as long as possible! I told my fiance that after the wedding he may come home from work to find me just chilling out on the couch in my dress lol

I have an A-Line with lace jacket and FI has a ballgown with off the shoulder straps--we are getting married in on the ship though.

Now we just have to hope they'll fit through the xray machine :-O

Speaking of which, has anyone ever taken a garment rack with them? We don't get to board first/early so we're stuck holding our gowns until our zone is called. We bought a collapsible rack from BB&B, but we're not sure it'll fit through the xray.

Soooo true!!!!! I am going to wear that dress as long as possible! I told my fiance that after the wedding he may come home from work to find me just chilling out on the couch in my dress lol

Hahaha! That would be hilarious!

We're considering booking a photo shoot the day after the wedding at Ardastra Gardens and Zoo in Nassau. The place is beautiful! (We had considered it as a wedding location until we realized it's not one of Carnival's limited options). So I might be wearing my dress two days in a row, but I really want photos at Ardastra.

I have an A-Line with lace jacket and FI has a ballgown with off the shoulder straps--we are getting married in on the ship though.

Now we just have to hope they'll fit through the xray machine :-O

Speaking of which, has anyone ever taken a garment rack with them? We don't get to board first/early so we're stuck holding our gowns until our zone is called. We bought a collapsible rack from BB&B, but we're not sure it'll fit through the xray.

Ohhh...your dresses sound beautiful! Can't wait to see pictures!

What kind of garment rack are you using (I hadn't even thought of that!)? The only kind that comes to mind are the mini-closet ones. Is that what you're using?

I've got an ivory lace fish-tail or mermaid style whichever you prefer to call it! And Im getting married onboard in St Thomas... go for it!

My dress is not beachy and reading this post has made me feel so much better about it. I love my dress but have been second guessing it for a few weeks. My wedding is in March so it will be here before I know it! I was concerned about it being ivory and how that would look on the beach. I'm hoping for a bright sunny day in Jamaica!

Ohhh...your dresses sound beautiful! Can't wait to see pictures!

What kind of garment rack are you using (I hadn't even thought of that!)? The only kind that comes to mind are the mini-closet ones. Is that what you're using?

I haven't been to Ardastra, but I hear it's gorgeous. We're thinking of going on this trip.

We got our garment rack on clearance because the box was damaged--it was $45ish. This is the garment rack we bought--

684411977235P.JPG

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=11977235

It folds flat and is 22" wide--hoping it can/will fix through the xray. We're going to set it up in our cabin so we don't have to smash the gowns into the very small closets.

Archived