Zydecocruiser's Carnival Conquest Fun Ship 2.0 Photo Review

Sargent_Schultz

On our Conquest cruise in 2011, we had a balcony on the Spa deck. While these are a little larger (allegedly), I didn't like that there was no roof to keep weather or prying eyes out. Sometimes people would even try to start conversations.

DSC_0968_DxO.jpg

We had one of those cabins on Glory in 2010. Completely agree with you, especially since we had bad weather on our cruise which rendered the balcony useless half the cruise. And we too had people on deck 12 trying to have conversations with us.

Really enjoying your review. BTW, your web pages on your Baltic cruise are one of my main research sources for our upcoming cruise on Legend.:)

ohhhhh, i cannot wait to get back on this ship!!!!! more more more!

i usually book our cabins at that aft of the ship...less traffic. but this time we have ds with us who will be in camp and it's more convenient to be fwd. i just hope our balcony misses the life boats. any pics looking down at those?

thanks again for the great review.

Lots more to come and you're welcome!

We had one of those cabins on Glory in 2010. Completely agree with you, especially since we had bad weather on our cruise which rendered the balcony useless half the cruise. And we too had people on deck 12 trying to have conversations with us.

Really enjoying your review. BTW, your web pages on your Baltic cruise are one of my main research sources for our upcoming cruise on Legend.:)

Thank you and enjoy your cruise. :)

There were 3 sea days on the cruise and I managed to get to the Punchline Brunch twice. I guess potentially I could have eaten there twice each sea day for a total of 6 times, but I can only eat so much. When I was younger... :p

Anyway, I really like the brunch and the menu. No, not for the comedians, but that's not the point of the brunch, IMO. Not for the free drink, which IMO is to gt more people to eat in the MDR during breakfast/lunch/brunch and to better distribute passengers.

I never got tired of the old, regular breakfast menu, but I guess some did. Anyway, I can get all of my old favorites plus some new ones at the brunch. Plus a few new favorites.

Anyway, I think I'll combine both experiences here and now.:)

Cheese grits? Well, not what I was expecting. Clearly the chef didn't get the recipe from Plantation Cookbook. Anywho, the cheese was very good, and I think had some grits in it, but I added some of the regular grits to taste. Anyway, it was all good.

DSC_0980_DxO.jpg

DSC_0982_DxO.jpg

The tomato soup is spicy and excellent! I tried it both times, and it was not served the same way each time.

DSC_0986_DxO.jpg

DSC_2284_DxO.jpg

After I saw some others being served the soup on the last sea day, I felt a little cheated. Sometimes it was served like cold soups - a bowl with a center piece of dry deliciousness and then the server would pour the liquid soup over that. Oh well, I have seen at least 3 presentations of that item and think the last one adds a certain flair, although the soup isn't a cold soup.

In any event, a new favorite of mine.

I wanted to try the steak and eggs, mostly to get a picture, but never did.

This just make me happy...it all looks good and the brunch, thanks so for info, and 2.0 looks good,,,thanks so much..I really like the Conquest art and blown glass lights and decor,,,yet they updated it in places needed too...nice...also..I never have done the movies outside... theater at sea and want to try that...Sarah

Light and airy,

DSC_2287_DxO.jpg

OMG...these were excellent! We had them the first day at brunch on Liberty and I was excited for them again the second time we went, but then got the first basket you pictured and was SOOO disappointed. I think they must switch to these as they get to the "lunch" side of brunch?

lol...you made me hungry too. i'm stuck at work with nothing but a lean cuisine to eat for lunch lol.

I do that to myself. A lot.

This just make me happy...it all looks good and the brunch, thanks so for info, and 2.0 looks good,,,thanks so much..I really like the Conquest art and blown glass lights and decor,,,yet they updated it in places needed too...nice...also..I never have done the movies outside... theater at sea and want to try that...Sarah

In the words of Phil Robertson, Happy, Happy, Happy. :)

You're welcome.

Edited by Sargent_Schultz

OMG...these were excellent! We had them the first day at brunch on Liberty and I was excited for them again the second time we went, but then got the first basket you pictured and was SOOO disappointed. I think they must switch to these as they get to the "lunch" side of brunch?

They were delicious. I also liked the other basket, too. Yes, I think at some point they switch the bread baskets over. Maybe 11am or so? I don't know if you can request one or the other if outside of the window.

and now I'm hungry again, but will try to make myself starving. Okay, we've had our soup and bread baskets.

I didn't use my free drink coupon until the last sea day brunch and apparently neither did a lot of the passengers, because brunch was busier, or maybe it was just because I went later.

It was a good one - a double Bloody Mary - Brunch of Champions!

DSC_2281_DxO.jpg

They were delicious. I also liked the other basket, too. Yes, I think at some point they switch the bread baskets over. Maybe 11am or so? I don't know if you can request one or the other if outside of the window.

Wish we knew what time...I'd wait a bit for brunch. :)