question for those who have done 7 and 4/5 night cruises

We had a crew member tell us one time that they were excited that they got to move up since they had applied for an gotten a job on a bigger ship. He said that they all want to be on the biggest and newest ships coz they make more money,and they pick them based on past job preformance and reviews. Like you will probably not find alot of new crew members on board the Freedom of the seas when it sets sail.So I figure based on that it really depends on what ship you are on how old it is, and yes probably how long it sails, we have been on both 7 and 5 night and have always had good shows probably my favorite was on board the Voyager tho.

I had such great service from my waiter, assistant waiter, headwaiter, and stateroom attendant on my first cruise which was a 4 night cruise that I was spoiled. When I went on my 2nd cruise which was a 7 night cruise, I was disappointed in the service from my headwaiter especially but also my stateroom attendant because I had such wonderful service on my 1st cruise. On the 2nd cruise, I ran into my headwaiter from the 1st cruise who remembered me from the year before on another ship which made up for the disappointment in my assigned head waiter. On my 3rd cruise which was a 7 night cruise, I had absolutely wonderful service like I did on my 1st cruise. I think the level of service just depends on who you get, not the length of cruise. I think it also depends on how you treat them, which is the same for any service industry.

thanks for the input! we're considering doing a 5 night cruise on the enchantment and then doing the 4 night cruise right after it as well. we were booked on the navigator but we have to reschedule.

Archived