STAR Western Carribean Excursions???

Claybelle

The problem? Too much to do to little time :eek:. I want a magic wand that will help us extend the port day so that we don't have to make so many difficult choices :p.

Thank you all for the great info. We are sailing on March 3rd and are working soooooooooo hard to narrow down the good that we will be doing on each port day. It's tough but I know that it can me done:D

We did cave tubing/ziplining in Belize through cavetubing.com and had a great time. The ziplining wasn't scary at all and was our 11yo's favorite thing we did. The lunch was absolutely delish (spicy chicken tamale & I'm not a big tamale person).

In Roatan, we booked an island tour through Victor Bodden. Our guide was Victor's brother, Francisco. It was very good but not lots of activity. One of our people wanted to try breadfruit and Francisco arranged that (It was fried and is better than potato chips - I'd had it grilled before with seasoned salt mustard before & fried was better). We stopped for photo ops and went all over. We added on a little place that had butterflies and a few animals. You can add on monkeys, iguanas, ziplining, etc.

In Costa Maya, we do a relaxed beachy day. We take a taxi from Costa Maya to Mahahaul and hang out at Coco Corona (right on the beach).

Because we do independent tours, they take us to locals to shop. We purchased some beautiful wooden pieces in both Belize and Roatan. I had to buy a bag on the ship to pack them in!

The problem? Too much to do to little time :eek:. I want a magic wand that will help us extend the port day so that we don't have to make so many difficult choices :p.

Thank you all for the great info. We are sailing on March 3rd and are working soooooooooo hard to narrow down the good that we will be doing on each port day. It's tough but I know that it can me done:D

You are so right!! The cruise line itself offers a ton of choices, but then you have to consider all the outside choices too. And don't forget to read all the reviews so that you don't make a bad choice. ha!

Archived