Princess Policy on Passenger Changes

DJ_Frustration

My SO may not be able to go on a cruise that we have booked in October on the Golden Princess. Since we haven't reached final payment date yet I was wondering what my options are if we wanted to substitute another person for her in our booking. Does anyone have feedback or experience with a situation like this?

You can change a name up until final payment. Then, it's a $50 charge, I believe. The main thing is that one of the original passengers must still be booked. For instance, you can change the name for Passenger B, but you then can't change the name of Passenger A.

• 2 weeks later...

As a followup, does anyone know what happens if my girlfriend can't go on the cruise past the final payment date but I still want to go? Essentially, is there a way for me to pay for her portion of the cabin and still go on this cruise?

If anyone has experience with this, please share. I'm getting worried that I'll lose the great deal that we got on this booking ($583 for BB GUAR on Golden 7 day NYC to San Juan)...

As a followup, does anyone know what happens if my girlfriend can't go on the cruise past the final payment date but I still want to go? Essentially, is there a way for me to pay for her portion of the cabin and still go on this cruise?

If anyone has experience with this, please share. I'm getting worried that I'll lose the great deal that we got on this booking ($583 for BB GUAR on Golden 7 day NYC to San Juan)...

You can cancel her and pay any difference between a double occupancy rate and a single rate.

You'll be charged a single supplement for having the room to yourself ... and that amount can vary anywhere from about 25% to 100%, depending on the sailing and the time of year.

You can also request a guaranteed share ... I've heard Princess has them, though I've never seen them advertised anywhere except on HAL. Guaranteed share is where they pair you with a same sex roommate and you pay half the rate for a double occupancy cabin.

But, yeah ... you certainly can still take the cruise ... even if you SO decides to cancel out.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived