Celebrity Century Tendering while in Hawaii

CN1

Can anyone tell me about what type of tenders are used by The Century while in

Hawaii and how easy they are to get on and off from? We are going in February and there are some mobility issues within our group. Thanks.

In Maui, they use both the ships' life boats and a larger local tender. In either case, you must walk down about 10 steps to get to the tender dock. There is a lot of help getting on and off the tender. My wife was in a folding wheel chair and managed. The only problem was getting back. We were first off the tender, but they refused to bring up the wheel chair until everyone was off.

I'm not sure about Kona, but I think they used the ship's tenders.

THey use the ships life boats. Allow about 1 to 1.5 hours to get ashore in reality if you are NOT on a ship tour. The ship may get in at 0700 but you wont feel the pier till about t0930

Hilo, Kahaluui. Kauai and Honolulu they use a pier.

In Kona, we are a small village and you will not find all sorts of touring options unless you take the ships tours. They use up all the resources and potions here....

For those into Kayaking, be advised that starting this week, Capt Cook bay is now closed to all Kayaks totaly.. open only to licenced boat tours. There will be officers present for thse who try and will be cited if you try. This is due to the terrible abuse and damage that Kayakers inflicted on the bay.

Taking a ships tour to snorkel Capt Cook ( which is the finest site in the entire state) will only be doable with a ship tour....

Archived