Wonder when we'll get stateroom assigned...

terri910

We board the Splendor 4 weeks from today, to sail to south America. Yay! We got a great price when we booked, but didn't get to choose our stateroom -- it is to be assigned to us. I keep checking once or twice a week to see if we have a room assignment yet, but nothing showing up yet on our booking under the "Manage your cruise" section of Carnival's website. Just for grins I was checking to see what cabins were going for on our cruise and got a "no cruise meets your criteria" message. In fact, I couldn't find ANY cruise available for the Splendor before it sails out of New York (after it's south America round-the-horn cruises).

I guess that means all the cruises before that are sold out....? If so, I wonder if that means we'll get our room assignment soon? I'm excited -- and curious -- now!! :)

WOW, sounds like a GREAT cruise. Well, it's difficult to answer your question. I'm waiting on a TBA cabin myself. :confused: I've done that many, many times, and it can be most anytime from a month or more, to "find out at the pier". More often than not, for us, it's been assigned with about two weeks or so to go, but that certainly isn't the rule. Also, it seems that the later they assign the cabin, the better the upgrade is! :cool: Once again, not necessarily the rule, but that's the way it's been for us.

GOOD LUCK, and whatever cabin you get, I know you'll enjoy that GREAT cruise.

"SKY"

Thanks! I'm TRYING to be patient...but not having too much luck in that regard! *LOL*

Anything better than bunk beds and I'll be happy! Heck, I'm happy to be cruising even if we wind up with bunk beds! *LOL*

When we booked our upcoming Inspiration cruise it was TBA. I checked a couple of weeks ago and we were assigned a cabin. No upgrade which means nothing to us - gee they could have done something special for us since we will have made platinum. :cool: You just have to keep checking and hopefully you will know where your cabin is before you leave. Have a nice trip!

We've done two guaranty bookings...the first one we got our assignment probably 5 weeks out, and it was exactly the type of cabin we booked. The second one, I kept checking over and over and nothing, even the night before the cruise. When we got to the port, the porters had our assignment, and we had been upgraded, so sometimes if you have to hold out a little longer, it can be good news! Not always an upgrade, but you never know.

I hope you get your cabin soon...or maybe not! Since, from what others are saying...you might end up with a nice upgrade:) I, too am waiting cabin assignment. We usually choose a room, but added an extra cruise to our plans for the caribbean. It was such a great price for a resident rate (CA) & I'm just excited to be able to take 2 cruises (port hopping). After reading the posts, I will be more patient...I'd love an upgrade:) Enjoy your cruise!

When we booked our upcoming Inspiration cruise it was TBA. I checked a couple of weeks ago and we were assigned a cabin. No upgrade which means nothing to us - gee they could have done something special for us since we will have made platinum. :cool: You just have to keep checking and hopefully you will know where your cabin is before you leave. Have a nice trip!

We've been Platinum since 2007 and have never been visited by the upgrade fairy...but we've ALWAYS had fun!

I'll keep checking every day!

When I find out, I'll probably be one of those people trying to find photos/information about the room! :)

We gave up our cove and were put into the guarantee pool on the Magic for our sailing on the 27th of this month late Sunday night. We got our cabin assignment Tuesday, 19 days from sailing. We got a balcony on the Lido.

We also had booked an OV guarantee on the Fascination in March of 2012 and ended up mid ship on the upper deck. If I can remember right it was about 29 days from sailing when we received that assignment.

The one time this happened was our first cruise. We got our room number when we dropped our luggage off when we arrived at the port before check in.

I'm beginning to think that's when we're going to find out, too -- when we get to the port!

Enjoy what seems to be a spectacular cruise! I wish we would have booked your cruise! I wouldn't worry too much about what room you will have. You will be so busy enjoying the ports of calls that it won't matter! Bon Voyage!

Not worried so much as excited! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just checked.....we board day after tomorrow and finally have a room assignment. As far as I'm concerned we got upgraded! We booked the cheapest inside guarantee and are assigned to a 6B Ocean View, and mid-ship, too!

Some other things are falling into place in the last 24 hours, too, so I'm doing a happy dance!!

Archived