Land tour with Princess in Alaska question

fireflymd

As part of our land tour with Princess, we will be taking a motorcoach from Anchorage to Talkeetna (the Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge).

In Talkeetna we have booked the Glacier Landing Explorer excursion through the Princess website.

My question is this: Does the bus stop in Talkeetna to let off those doing an excursion before continuing to the Mt. Mckinley Princess Wilderness Lodge (which I'm told is an hour away); or does the bus go directly the lodge and then those with this excursion are shuttled to Talkeetna?

I am asking because the coach ride is from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm; the Glacier Landing Explorer excursion is scheduled for 1:00 pm. If the bus goes directly to the Lodge, there doesn't seem to be enough time to make this excursion.

I have called Princess twice and received two different answers. The first time I was told the bus does stop in Talkeetna on the way to the lodge; the second time I was told, no, the bus goes directly to the lodge and then you are given a shuttle ride to the excursion. This operator told me we would more likely arrive at the lodge at 12:00, not 12:30 pm.

I may assume that Princess would not let me book this excursion if it were not do-able; however, I have learned not to assume anything and would like to be certain.

If you have taken this landtour originating in Anchorage, please relay your experience.

Archived