Which 7 day itinerary?

kalley79

I am planning a cruise for a group of 4, my husband and I and another couple. We are all in our early 30’s and like to drink our fare share and generally have a good time. My friend and I are beach girls, but the guys like to sight see. They are letting me choose because I am the only one who has ever cruised before, so I want to pick one where everyone will have a good time and enjoy cruising as much as I do. I think I have narrowed it down to two 7 day itineraries. Option one is the Valor out of San Juan, including stops in St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten. Option 2 is the Glory out of Miami, going to Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. Which itinerary would you choose & why?

I am planning a cruise for a group of 4, my husband and I and another couple. We are all in our early 30’s and like to drink our fare share and generally have a good time. My friend and I are beach girls, but the guys like to sight see. They are letting me choose because I am the only one who has ever cruised before, so I want to pick one where everyone will have a good time and enjoy cruising as much as I do. I think I have narrowed it down to two 7 day itineraries. Option one is the Valor out of San Juan, including stops in St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten. Option 2 is the Glory out of Miami, going to Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. Which itinerary would you choose & why?

both sound lovely but i would opt for the Glory ... reason ... i am doing this itinerary in february :) but its on the freedom hehe

Valor hands down!! I haven't been in the southern Caribbean yet but everyone I talk to says it is amazing. We will make that trip soon we are 26&29 all couples we know that have been down there are our age and they say the beaches are nicer there then anywhere.

Depending on how busy you want to be, I would go with Valor. The only reason that I haven't done this itinerary yet, is that I like the sea days and don't want to busy every day in port.

That said, we will be booking on the Liberty for the Eastern Caribbean in 2014 as soon as it is available.

Thanks for the input everyone. To respond to some of the questions/ideas mentioned. The option out of San Juan in approximately $160/couple more for airfare and cruise cost differences. Like many of you, I am thinking the Valor, even though it is more expensive, because I have not been to many of those stops and have heard wonderful things about them. I had considered the Glory Eastern itinerary, as I did it 5 years ago and had a great time and Half Moon Cay is one of my favorite places on Earth, but it was $100/pp more than the other two for similar dates. I appreciate everyone's thoughts. Thanks again.

It sounds like you may have made your decision, but I'm going to offer a different point of view. Keep in mind that I loved the southern itinerary, the ports, etc., and I would probably consider doing that route again. And I prefer port days to sea days. It has great islands, great beaches, great things to see, the weather was great...I could go on.

But it does have a very different feel to it than a lot of other itineraries because it is port intensive. You don't get to spend a lot of time on the ship, and it always seems like you're on the run. I know we had many early nights because we knew we were getting up early the next morning. Also, with more ports, you are going to be spending more on excursions as well.

I just don't know if this is the most ideal cruise itinerary for someone's first cruise, so for that reason, I'd pick the Glory. Granted, with four ports on the Glory, that may be somewhat port intensive as well, but you'd still have more time on the ship.

Valor hands down. Much better beach ports and more ports. When in St Thomas take ferry to St John, then 1/2 hour hike to Salomon beach. The only way to this gorgeous beach is by boat or hiking to it. Use Cruise Critic or Google for more info about this beach...

LOVED the itinerary out of San Juan, did it a yr ago but it was the Victory instead of the Valor at that time.

These islands are AMAZING! I could do this same trip again and again. So much to do.

Yes airfare was quite a bit more, but in my eyes, worth it! We also are a couple in our early 30's and went with another couple.

Good Luck!

We've done both itineraries (with the exception of Nassau...went to HMC) and I loved, loved, loved the southern itinerary hands down. One day at sea is enough for us and the embarkation port of San Juan is like another port day since the cruise leaves so late! We arrived late in San Juan, went to dinner and bed, then the next morning walked across the street to our ship, dropped off our luggage then still had almost a whole day in port! I think we ended up embarking around 6 or 7 pm. You can mitigate the costs of excursions if you plan in beach days that only require cab fare and drinks!

Alittle off topic but can you guys consider exotic western itinerary

Cozumel google Mr Sanchos ,all inclusive with great food,service and drinks

Roatan Honduras,our favorite beach in the world.Victor Bodden tours is awesome we have used Victor for years and his tour guides cater to what you like to do .Our last cruise Tex took us to a great beach and bar with great drinks and food,we had lobster tacos for very cheap and some of the best snorkeling in waist high water we have ever seen

Grand Cayman google Calico Jacks a cheap taxi ride to a nice beach and food/drink.Also do a youtube search for stingray city.Its fun to try

In Belize you can do the cave tubing tour ,it was fun once

More for you to research :)

It sounds like you may have made your decision, but I'm going to offer a different point of view. Keep in mind that I loved the southern itinerary, the ports, etc., and I would probably consider doing that route again. And I prefer port days to sea days. It has great islands, great beaches, great things to see, the weather was great...I could go on.

But it does have a very different feel to it than a lot of other itineraries because it is port intensive. You don't get to spend a lot of time on the ship, and it always seems like you're on the run. I know we had many early nights because we knew we were getting up early the next morning. Also, with more ports, you are going to be spending more on excursions as well.

I just don't know if this is the most ideal cruise itinerary for someone's first cruise, so for that reason, I'd pick the Glory. Granted, with four ports on the Glory, that may be somewhat port intensive as well, but you'd still have more time on the ship.

I agree with this line of thinking. Based on ports alone, I'd choose the Valor. But it depends on the goal of the trip. Do you want to relax more or see more?. You will definitely see more on the Valor, but you would definitely relax more on the Glory.

Archived