Freedom Balcony Room Question

Spanky My

THey do have fridges. As for empting them out will depend on your room stwerad. Ours gladly cleaned ours out, while friends who were 8 rooms down the hall were told that it had to be stocked per the items that were there.

And I would have soooo challenged that! I was on the Freedom in September and the first thing we did was place their stocked items on the counter and put our waters, sodas and medications in the frige. Our cabin steward said absolutely nothing.

We .were just on the Freedom over Christmas and we asked our room steward if he would empty it to put our drinks in and his response was "You can empty it yourself and put the stuff on the counter" Well with 4 of us in the room that really wasn't convenient (too much stuff!) so we left their stuff in there.

We .were just on the Freedom over Christmas and we asked our room steward if he would empty it to put our drinks in and his response was "You can empty it yourself and put the stuff on the counter" Well with 4 of us in the room that really wasn't convenient (too much stuff!) so we left their stuff in there.

I'd have told him, if we have to do his job our tip will reflect this! Having said that, as I'm impatient I stick it under the bed!

the stuff stays in the room. be it onthe counter, under the vanity or in the closet.

The fridge is more of a mini cooler then a refridgerator. your best bet is taking a small cooler and keeping your stuff on ice

The cabins stewards are responsible for getting luggage on and off the ship the first day.

Is it more important to get your fridge emptied or get your luggage?

the stuff stays in the room. be it onthe counter, under the vanity or in the closet.

The cabins stewards are responsible for getting luggage on and off the ship the first day.

Is it more important to get your fridge emptied or get your luggage?

How long does it take to empty a fridge?

How long does it take to empty a fridge?

well, lets look at it another way-- the cabin steward has 30 cabins-- if half those people want the fridge emptied-- how long does that take?

the steward does not take care of one room.

If having the fridge emptied is important-- you can do it yourself or wait til the steward turns the cabin over at night.

I have NO PROBLEM emptying it myself. But space is at a premium most of the time in rooms. So I was hoping to have it taken out of the fridge and stored elsewhere until the END of the cruise

But thanks to those who responded . We shall see how it all shakes out..

I totally agree - I would've had NO problem whatosever emptying it out but as a family of 4 in that room believe me there was NO place to put that stuff. Our luggage was under the bed - and our kids stuff and our stuff covered every available surface. It wasn't a big deal however I was planning on tipping extra and decided not to. If he was too busy that first day he could've done it another day when he saw we didn't have room. It wasn't a big deal at all - I was just sharing our experience and answering the OP question.

Archived