Beer Question?

I'm sure it gets done all the time but I wouldn't bother with it. Unless you really ration yourself I don't think you could bring enough on board to be worth the effort.

Depends on how tight your budget is, and if you're flying. I live close to port and always bring at least a case of beer. Each beer that I would normally pay $3.75 for on board, I can bring from home for 50-75 cents. That means a case of beer brought from home will save me at least $75. I'm gonna run out and end up buying beer on the ship, but I've still saved $75. Now, if I had to fly and lug it through airports and deal with luggage weight restrictions and such, I probably wouldn't bother.

A friend of mine had a SIX pack in her luggage, it was confiscated! Once again, a SIX PACK!

Was it checked luggage, or did she attempt to bring it in her carry-on? If you try to bring it in your carry-on, there is a good chance it will be taken. I have cruised four times and every time we bring a full sized suitcase entirely filled with liquid contraband. We check it with the porters and it always arrives intact.

My brother-in-law brought on empty suitcase with him on his flight to Miami, then filled it there with beer and vodka, and checked it with the porters at the pier...it arrived safely in his stateroom. However, since he spent most of his time on the Lido and Promenade decks, he usually wound up just buying beer at the nearest bar rather then run back to his room for a refill. Funny part was on the last day of the cruise...they had a lot left over and since they didn't want to lug it back off the ship, they of course proceeded to drink it all. We were supposed to get together that night at the Piano bar, but guess who was sleeping already? LOL :)

Im going to take a case of beer on my cruise. I am putting the beer cans into a couple of empty coke/sprite refridgerator 12 pack cartons and sending it in a suitcase as checked luggage.

Ill let you know after June 19 if it worked or not. :)

Im going to take a case of beer on my cruise. I am putting the beer cans into a couple of empty coke/sprite refridgerator 12 pack cartons and sending it in a suitcase as checked luggage.

Ill let you know after June 19 if it worked or not. :)

We're going in Sept. and are thinking the same thing with the soda cartons.

We just returned from the Legend out of New York. I packed 5 12 packs of Miller Lite and a 12 pack of coke in my checked luggage with no problem at all. The room steward then kept it iced for us all week in our cooler.

Was it checked luggage, or did she attempt to bring it in her carry-on? If you try to bring it in your carry-on, there is a good chance it will be taken. I have cruised four times and every time we bring a full sized suitcase entirely filled with liquid contraband. We check it with the porters and it always arrives intact.

it was checked in with a porter! she opened her luggage and the sixer was GONE!

I just went on the Spirit in October... I got two large bottles of Lipton Ice Tea. I filled it with Jack Daniels and the other with Seagrams Seven. I carried on, security stopped me and pulled out the bottles. She looked at them and said, "No problem, Ice Tea is ok to bring on board". My other friend walked on with a small case of champagne, they let him on, no questions asked. It's ok to take wine/champagne, but no beer/spirits.

DaytonCruiser, it was on a 3 day out of California.. Sensation/Facination, one of those ships.. I've been on 11 cruises, that was her first.. I told her not to worry about a sixer, I was wrong!

Maybe this is a silly but...........doesn't adding a case or more to your already packed suitcase add a lot of weight? I couldn't even imagine doing this.

Can you check in as luggage one of those 30 can rolling coolers? I was thinking about doing this just to have some sodas and water in the room for the kids, probably wouldn't even bring 30. Would this work?

I won't try to fit a case of soda in my suitcase, it will jammed enough and I am not sure the added weight would be within the weight limitations on Southwest Airline.

Debbie

We didnt add the beer to the already-stuffed suitcase. We used another whole suitcase just for the beer and wine. But we live right here Tampa so we dont have the airline stuff to worry about. Some folks wait til they arrive in the port city to buy it and add it to the luggage so they avoid flying with it.

Yea just bring an empty suitcase and fill it when you get to the port city. Or a lot of people will even buy a cheap case or cooler suitcase at the port city and buy liquids to fill it with. At the end, use the empty suitcase for souvenirs. If you are going to bring beer or booze and mixers, a must have item is a large (24-32 ounce) insulated mug to fill before leaving your room. That way you won't have to run back to your room every 15 minutes for a drink. I have heard of very few people who have had their checked luggage searched and had anything confiscated.

I guess that is why they say fly in the day before?????????

I am flying in the morning of, is the cabbie going to stop at a store for me??

Can I just pack a wheeled cooler with soda and water and check it in as luggage here in chicago?

I am leary about that too, all that jiggling they way they toss the luggage around.

Archived