What to do in port from 2-midnight?

emen822

We are cruising to Nassau in March and the port times are a bit odd. Not sure if its worth it to get a day pass. We are a group of 12 (kids and adults from ages 7-50).

I would like some beach time but I think most of the day pass hours stop around 5:30-6:00. (I emailed about the hours of the Hilton day pass but have not heard back). Is there a good free beach option for 2 or 3 hours? Any ideas other than doing the beach? We are open to suggestions. :D:)

Thanks in advance! :D

Mary

We are cruising to Nassau in March and the port times are a bit odd. Not sure if its worth it to get a day pass. We are a group of 12 (kids and adults from ages 7-50).

I would like some beach time but I think most of the day pass hours stop around 5:30-6:00. (I emailed about the hours of the Hilton day pass but have not heard back). Is there a good free beach option for 2 or 3 hours? Any ideas other than doing the beach? We are open to suggestions. :D:)

Thanks in advance! :D

Mary

If you are traveling during spring break, you might find it difficult to get passes at the Hilton as they restrict the # of people using the property.

You could buy passes inadvance thru Island Marketing, but I don't think you would get good value for your $$ this late in the day.

As for hours, the day pass is good til 6pm, the patio grill closes around 4:30/5pm. Lifeguards leave at 5 as well. Chairs are stacked and pillows put away.

It's gets dark at 6pm early in the month (until daylight savings change)..

There are several free beaches. The closest are Junkanoo Beach (just around the corner from the Hilton, and Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island. Both will be hopping with spring breakers.

Junkanoo has restrooms, tiki bar and concession stands.. Cabbage Beach does not.

Thank you so much for your help!

Junkanoo sounds good for us. :D I assume it is within walking distance? And is it easily marked so we know we are on the free beach? Are there chairs or do we need to use our towels?

Thanks again!

Archived