Oceania Suite or Vista Suite on Marina

kywhiskey

Hello: Looking at Baltic cruises on Oceania Marina and considering an Oceania Suite or Vista Suite. Can anyone comment on which of these they prefer. I like a TV in the living room and exercise room in the Vista Suite, but concerned about motion being all the way forward. Like the Oceania Suite as well, but don't like not having a TV in living room, but it is a little less expensive and not all the way forward even though they are forward on Deck 12. Also, which is better the Oceania Suites in Deck 12 or the aft ones on Deck 11? Any and all comments appreciate to help us make our decision. Thanks!

I have stayed in the Oceania suite on the marina, the location of these are directly behind the Vistas so IMHO you would have the same motion in either.

I believe I read that the exercise room in the Vistas was converted to a closet but that may have just been a change to the Riviera Vistas.

We found that the media room in the Oceania suite worked well for us as we have fairly different sleeping/waking patterns and one could watch TV or DVD without bothering the other....I don't think you can do badly with either suite, we loved the extra space!

hello: Looking at baltic cruises on oceania marina and considering an oceania suite or vista suite. Can anyone comment on which of these they prefer. I like a tv in the living room and exercise room in the vista suite, but concerned about motion being all the way forward. Like the oceania suite as well, but don't like not having a tv in living room, but it is a little less expensive and not all the way forward even though they are forward on deck 12. Also, which is better the oceania suites in deck 12 or the aft ones on deck 11? Any and all comments appreciate to help us make our decision. Thanks!

aft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other issue in a Vista suite is the verandah being open to the winds and possibly useless unless the weather is totally calm. In the Baltic that may not be as much of an issue as the seas are calm and the distances are close. If you are out on the high seas (as I was on the Marina during a TA) and go out there you will be blown away. jmo.

...I believe I read that the exercise room in the Vistas was converted to a closet but that may have just been a change to the Riviera Vistas....

The change was indeed on the Riviera, but only in the Owner's Suites. The Vista Suites still have the exercise room. I believe Marina has also been "Riviera-ized" and had the exercise space in the Owner's Suites converted to a "His" walk-in closet.

The Oceania Suites on Deck 11 are slightly smaller than those on Deck 12, and have a slightly different layout. However, the aft deck makes all the difference. The sliding glass doors open directly to the deck on the stern, and the deck wraps around to the side, where the jacuzzi and outdoor TV are located. The views at sail-away are heavenly.

I agree with Wripro (there's a first :D); we visited a Vista Suite during sail-away from Key West, and once the ship got moving, everyone retreated indoors.

We stayed in the Oceania suite last summer and are staying in it again in February from Auckland to Sydney. We Loved it! The Media room worked out really well, and I felt that the exercise room in the Vista suite was kind of a waste of space.....small and right behind the bed. We had taken our 3 adult children with us, and used our suite as "command central" and there was plenty of space for everyone to sit in the living room or watch TV and the daily video my son in law made...it was a great time! If you have any other questions, let me know

We stayed in an Oceania suite on deck 12 right next to the culinary center to be as close to the center of the ship as possible. This was on the Riviera.

We also had 2 full bathrooms. I believe the Oceania Suites on deck 11 don't have the shower in the second bathroom.

I didn't want exercise equipment in our suite. We work out 6 days a week at home but I don't do this on vacation. So we didn't consider the Vista suite.

I thought we would miss having a TV in the living room but we didn't. The media room worked out really well.

We loved our Oceania suite so much that we booked the same one for our cruise this coming June.

Is this correct? The Oceania Suites on marina on Deck 12 have a shower in the 2nd bathroom? If this is the case then that makes the decision for us as it speeds up the process of getting ready at the same time. The suite diagram on the website does not show a shower..only a sink and toilet

Is this correct? The Oceania Suites on marina on Deck 12 have a shower in the 2nd bathroom? If this is the case then that makes the decision for us as it speeds up the process of getting ready at the same time. The suite diagram on the website does not show a shower..only a sink and toilet

The Deck 12 Oceania Suites have 2 full baths and direct access from the bedroom to the Veranda.

180133.jpg On Deck 11, you will find a bath and a half, and the bedroom has a window in place of the door to the deck

101330.jpg I believe that you are wrong about the Diagram of the Suites, however, as it looks to me as if the plumbing in the second bath is deliberately left vague (i.e. that could be a shower in the white void space on the left, or it might not be):

o-staterooms-3d-oc.jpg

At any rate, you have your answer ;)

Archived