Oasis Formal nights and dress code

ricardin

Trying to plan our entertainment night for our upcoming East Caribbean cruise on The Oasis of The Seas. Can anyone tell me what night the formal nights are, and what the dress code for guys is? Went on a Princess cruise last year, and to my surprise was one of only a handful wearing a tux.

Also, on non formal nights, it's it compulsory to wear a jacket for dinner in the speciality restaurants?

Thanks in advance

Ricardin

Formal nights for Oasis Eastern are Day 2 and Day 6. You will see many different versions of formal. Most men wear a jacket and tie on formal night. Some don't though, so don't feel out of place if you don't want to pack a suit.

I would suggest you wear dressy clothing in the specialty restaurants at dinner. You don't have to wear a jacket, button down's are fine. No shorts are allowed in the specialty restaurants at dinner.

Formal nights for Oasis Eastern are Day 2 and Day 6. You will see many different versions of formal. Most men wear a jacket and tie on formal night. Some don't though, so don't feel out of place if you don't want to pack a suit.

I would suggest you wear dressy clothing in the specialty restaurants at dinner. You don't have to wear a jacket, button down's are fine. No shorts are allowed in the specialty restaurants at dinner.

Thank you Tyler. That suits me fine. Am happy to wear tux or suit on formal nights, just don't want to be the only 'penguin' on board, lol.

Thanks again.

RCI does not have a "dress code" but simply makes a "suggestion" on how to dress. While many follow the suggestion, many do not. On formal nights on my cruise a few months ago I saw anything from tuxedos to shorts/t-shirt/flip-flops/baseball hat on formal night. A jacket is certainly not compulsory in the specialty restaurants or anywhere on RCI. There will be enough people dressed up that you will not feel out of place if you dress up, but likewise if you opt for casual attire you will also not stick out.

RCI does not have a "dress code" but simply makes a "suggestion" on how to dress. While many follow the suggestion, many do not. On formal nights on my cruise a few months ago I saw anything from tuxedos to shorts/t-shirt/flip-flops/baseball hat on formal night. A jacket is certainly not compulsory in the specialty restaurants or anywhere on RCI. There will be enough people dressed up that you will not feel out of place if you dress up, but likewise if you opt for casual attire you will also not stick out.

Thanks a lot Gonzo. Very much appreciated advice :)

RCI does not have a "dress code" but simply makes a "suggestion" on how to dress. While many follow the suggestion, many do not. On formal nights on my cruise a few months ago I saw anything from tuxedos to shorts/t-shirt/flip-flops/baseball hat on formal night...
On the Independence TransAtlantic this fall, I wore my tux [i own it, might as well wear it, definitely don't feel it is required] to Trivia before the Diamond Lounge before Dinner. We won trivia and our prizes were ironically :pbaseball hats:eek:. I threatened to wear it to dinner to compliment my tux, but since I certainly don't need any more trivia prizes I gave the hat away.

Thom

PS Technically RCI does have some dress requirements, but as far as I know these requirements all relate to sporting activities [eg ice skating requires long pants and socks (no mention of shirt:rolleyes:)].

Archived