Norwegian Epic vs Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas?

dvmvet

My husband, myself and our now 10 year old son have been on two previous cruises. The first, Eastern Caribbean, on Freedom of the Seas 1.5 yrs ago. Then, western Caribbean on Allure of the Seas, one year ago. Loved both ships.

We are thinking of getting away again, this March. We would like to do other places but cost wise and time wise, it comes down to Freedom again, or maybe Epic? The main thing is our son: he just loved the Adventure Ocean kid program on Royal Caribbean. And because he was so happy and occupied, we had a good holiday. We mostly just want to relax and maybe go out to some excursions. We like to be comfortable and we like the ship to be nice, comfortable and well designed. We like nice food but it does not have to be super fancy. But we would like the choice.

-> we will go on more elaborate cruises to more exotic destinations in the years to come.

So:

our travel agent asked us to consider Epic. It was news to me but I am open to it. But can I request feedback on the kids programs. Our son likes to do activities, competitive games, Wii games, sports.

This Epic seems interesting - maybe is worth a shot instead of returning to Freedom again. Freedom is quite a beautiful ship though

Comments are welcome!

Thanks

DVMvet

My husband, myself and our now 10 year old son have been on two previous cruises. The first, Eastern Caribbean, on Freedom of the Seas 1.5 yrs ago. Then, western Caribbean on Allure of the Seas, one year ago. Loved both ships.

We are thinking of getting away again, this March. We would like to do other places but cost wise and time wise, it comes down to Freedom again, or maybe Epic? The main thing is our son: he just loved the Adventure Ocean kid program on Royal Caribbean. And because he was so happy and occupied, we had a good holiday. We mostly just want to relax and maybe go out to some excursions. We like to be comfortable and we like the ship to be nice, comfortable and well designed. We like nice food but it does not have to be super fancy. But we would like the choice.

-> we will go on more elaborate cruises to more exotic destinations in the years to come.

So:

our travel agent asked us to consider Epic. It was news to me but I am open to it. But can I request feedback on the kids programs. Our son likes to do activities, competitive games, Wii games, sports.

This Epic seems interesting - maybe is worth a shot instead of returning to Freedom again. Freedom is quite a beautiful ship though

Comments are welcome!

Thanks

DVMvet

Think you would have a great time on the Epic. Your son too. Variety is the spice of life!

So the experience for a 10 year old boy on the Epic kid program stands a decent chance as being really good - I thought the RC Adventure Ocean program reigned as the best kid program out there

I am not asking for any guarantees, of course. I just feel abit nervous since I have only ever been on RC.

Thank you

Is Epic a fun ship to you think? Is it fun in sense of noisy, wacky crowded? I think we don't like it loud and obnoxious.

Or fun in sense she is a fun ship to explore, the layout is interesting, etc

I am simply thinking that Freedom was nicely done. But we are open to trying something different.

I have never been on the Freedom but I loved The Epic! One thing your son may love about the ship is the fun waterslides.

The ship has lots of different activities to keep people of all ages entertained. I also loved the variety of the restaurants.

Archived