Carnival Magic Ocean Suite

cruzndiva

I am needing some input. I booked a ocean suite on the Magic today. I have cruised with Carnival before and have always had an ocean suite. To my dismay, I was watching youtube this evening and saw a review of how the balcony in an ocean suite on the Magic is not actually over the water, but a deck with chairs, loungers and hot tub. Are there any balcony rooms that are actually over the water? I can't see enjoying my quiet balcony time overlooking this. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

The cove balconies are very close to the water and the most private balcony I've had on a ship. Not big enough for a lounge chair like the ocean suite balcony, but I was able to watch around ten dolphins swim next to the ship on a sea day.

We stayed in room 7224. It was overlooking the small walkway, but not the entire promenade. I think there was a suite just aft of us that still looked over more of the water but not much farther back. I love being on the balcony looking over and seeing the water. I would book this cabin again or do an aft due to the promenade.

We had a suite on the Dream, overlooking the lanai/hottubs, and it really wasn't a big problem for us. During the afternoon, you may see/hear a few people walking around, but we never found it to be an issue. Early morning & evenings, when we really love to be on our balcony, there was little traffic out there, becase most people are at the shows & dinner at night & sleeping in late in the mornings.

We did love looking "straight" down from our balcony on the other cruises we've taken, so it's a little different on the Dream (& Magic), but not a deal breaker for us to choose another ship. We have booked a suite on the Dream again for April this year. You can still see down into the water, just at an angle, not "straight" down.

As far as smoking... I think smoking is only allowed on one side of the ship in the public areas, like the lanai... not sure which side, but we never had an issue with it.

personally i don't spend my time on my balcony standing at the railing except maybe watching for runners when we leave the ports. when you are sitting enjoying your balcony you get the same view you always have had, a beautiful expanse of ocean.

as far as noise, i believe that the activities on the promenade deck close by 10 so it shouldn't affect your sleep. and since ALL balconies are open to smoking your chances of having a smoker on each side of you can be pretty high, its one of the reasons many people book a balcony, so the residual smoke from the promenade deck would be minimal.

if absolute stillness and quiet and not being exposed to smoking is a concern then a cruise probably isn't the best vacation alternative. there are lots of all inclusive resorts that don't allow smoking and that are ghost towns by nightfall.

Hi cruzndiva! We had a balcony cabin on the Magic (cabin 8371). We did have a bit noise from below, as there was a hot tub just to the right and below our balcony. Some evenings there were loud talkers, loud laughers, and some very interesting conversations heard :) It became a running joke amongst us about what would be going on in the "people soup" when we were out on our balcony. There was never much traffic out there beyond the hot tub. As far as smokers on the Magic, if you are wondering about smoke from the lanai below, the smokers are on the port side of the ship and we were starboard, it shouldn't be a worry.

Have fun!! We loved the Magic:D Let me know if you have any questions.

Archived