Speciality Dinning Epic

crackycruiser

Hi I was wondering which venues you can just walk into and which ones you must make a reservation for. We are early to bed, early to rise people so we will be going at 5;30 so we can catch 7:00 shows. I'm interested in Moderno and Shanghi specifically but who knows what you feel like eating on which day so it would be great just to walk into. Thank you.

On my cruise, a transatlantic, it was never a problem to go to any of the special restaurants at any time.

However, this was a 13 night cruise, might be different on 7 night cruises.

There are plenty of tables at Moderno, don´t think you need to worry there. The Asian Shanghai restaurant, one of my favourites, is usually not on top of the list for most passengers, so I think you will have no problem there either.

Teppanyaki might fill up, so if you are interested in the Japanese style dinner experience, which by the way is also really good, try to book that early in the cruise.

Also Cirque Dreams & Dinner must be booked in advance, it´s always sold out.

Happy cruising!

Hi I was wondering which venues you can just walk into and which ones you must make a reservation for. We are early to bed, early to rise people so we will be going at 5;30 so we can catch 7:00 shows. I'm interested in Moderno and Shanghi specifically but who knows what you feel like eating on which day so it would be great just to walk into. Thank you.

I have not been on the Epic, yet, but the other ships have TVs posted in many public areas where you can see the availability for each restaurant for that night. Many restaurants do fill up for the earlier times, because everyone is trying to make the shows. I think you'll be ok to make a reservation in the morning for that night, if you don't want to plan too far in advance. If you are just a group of 2, you will probably be able to walk in without reservations around 5:30. However, if you want teppanyaki, I would make a reservation as soon as you can.

5:30 shouldn't be a problem. On several nights, we ate early (party of 2) and never had an issue getting a table, although we didn't try Teppanyaki. There always seemed to be a line when we were leaving around 6:30-7:00, though.

Archived