Blue Lagoon ferry time question

LiseD

Will be in Nassau in March with my 19 yo. Looking for a relaxing beach day. Our ship does not leave Nassau until midnight. I notice that the RC website says you get 4 hours at the lagoon. On the Blue Lagoon website they list several times you can come back. If I book through the ship are we committed to just staying 4 hours or can we come back on a later ferry? Looks like if we did this we might have to pay for our own taxi back to the ship? Would it be better to just book through the BL website and do this on our own? I think we would want to spend the whole day there...not just 4 hours.

Will be in Nassau in March with my 19 yo. Looking for a relaxing beach day. Our ship does not leave Nassau until midnight. I notice that the RC website says you get 4 hours at the lagoon. On the Blue Lagoon website they list several times you can come back. If I book through the ship are we committed to just staying 4 hours or can we come back on a later ferry? Looks like if we did this we might have to pay for our own taxi back to the ship? Would it be better to just book through the BL website and do this on our own? I think we would want to spend the whole day there...not just 4 hours.

In some cases, Blue Lagoon does not allow cruisers from certain lines to book independently. Only BL can determine this.

The last ferry back from BL is 4pm. Would this give you more time on the island?

\Maybe others have some insight regarding going over with the ships tour and coming back on the 4pm ferry. And yes, it's likely that you would need a cab back to the ship.. (this would be rush hour, so give yourself some extra time for the ride over the bridge.)

I'm assuming that you realize it's spring break.. even blue lagoon will be crowded. Fortunately, you should be able to wander around to get away from the crowds.

Yep....my 19 yo is on her spring break....hate we have to go at a busy time...but have to work with her schedule. I planned this to have some "mother-daughter" time...just booked this trip yesterday and got a great rate....so...it is what it is....we will have to deal with crowds! Side note....we home schooled our girls from start to finish and NEVER traveled over busy times...always went in off season....but now they are in college and we have no control over their breaks!! :( They are at different colleges and of course have different weeks off!! Do you have a better suggestion for us? We are both certified divers (noticed your "name") BUT....I am trying to keep the costs down....with 2 in college....well...need I say more?? :) I am open to suggestions! Our ship does not leave until midnight....so not worried about time too much.

I just looked online and it appears there is only one other ship in port the day we are there....March 20th! I noticed some days that have 6 ships in port! So maybe that will help with the crowds!

We just did Blue Lagoon a couple of weeks ago. We were on the Carnival Fantasy and set it up on our own. I setup a reservation for Blue Lagoon from the website first, then when you get to Nassau just take a taxi to the Paradise Island Ferry, the Blue Lagoon station is there. I paid for our beach day which was 54.99 for adults and waited for the ferry which was at 10:30am. (I think they have one that goes earlier but from my reservation the ferry was always set at 10:30am, it might be the people who book directly from the cruise line get the first ferry over) So we headed out around 10:30am and enjoyed the island. The ferry's back where at like 1pm 2pm and 4pm I believe, all the cruise ships had to leave on the 1pm or 2pm ferry but since we booked independently and our ship didn't leave until 6pm we took the 4pm ferry back. The ferry goes by Paradise Island Ferry and then goes directly to the cruise port to drop you off at your ship so you don't even have to take a taxi back, which I thought was pretty nice. We enjoyed Blue Lagoon and would do that again if we stop in Nassau.

How expensive was the taxi ride to and from the Blue Lagoon dock? Trying to figure out if renting a van would be cheaper for a group of 7. I would hate to pay for it and leave it sitting for hours, but then again, if it is cheaper than cab fare 3 or 4 times for 7 people. But I also do not want to get lost and miss my ship!!!! Any opinions?

How expensive was the taxi ride to and from the Blue Lagoon dock? Trying to figure out if renting a van would be cheaper for a group of 7. I would hate to pay for it and leave it sitting for hours, but then again, if it is cheaper than cab fare 3 or 4 times for 7 people. But I also do not want to get lost and miss my ship!!!! Any opinions?

There is nowhere to park downtown or near the BLue Lagoon Dock. Renting a van would not be a good idea.

Cab far is $4pp ea. way. $8 round trip per person.. plus $1 for the toll going over the bridge (per vehicle, not pp)

Archived