AzAmazing Event in Florence

tango9

I was looking to book the Journey for June 26 and was dismayed to see that the AzAmazing evening event starts before five of the six other ship excursions arrive back, So That means either you skip the AzAmazing event to take the day tour, or take the only day tour which would allow one to attend the AzAamazing evening event. ( The Oct 1 sailing has the same issue). And INTERESTING, is that that only tour which would allow you to get back in time , is only a three hour trip which is a bus ride to Pisa and back and it is $120, much more expensive than the nine hour bus ride tour to Pisa AND Florence. If I were a cynic, I would wonder if Azamara is trying to recoup funds to pay for the free evening event, as this $120 bus ride is the only tour to take if you want to do the free event. I can take the train on my own to Pisa and back for pittance, as many do. Or maybe Azamara will add another excurison , short enough to be back for the AzAmazing event!! I was on Quest two years ago and attended this event ( it was the Presiden'ts hosted sailing) and it was not to be missed.

The event this year leaves at 5:00 pm, and ours left at 3:00 pm, so I would guess that the stop in the town of Greve is cut out. ( That was a nice stop in an old town with wine tasting rooms and leather shops) Azamara has busses to take their guests about a 60-90 minute drive into Tuscany . We had enough guests that they had to split us up to go to one of two castle/wineries. Beautiful countryside. Tour the winery and gardens a bit, then go to the castle/winery's banquet room, where we had a marvelous meal of many courses, which included wine of different types with each course. Grappe at the end with biscotti. The food was excellent.Three tenor singers( from the Italian opera , we were told) entertained us halfway through the meal with songs , many well known . It was very lively! When we returned to the ship, the officers were waiting with glasses of champagne and "welcome home". Wonderful event!

• 4 months later...

When I was there last time it was cold, so we were not dressed up allot. I think just the usual dining room attire. I had on black pants and a lacy top. I did not see many dresses

What is the appropriate dress for this Azamazing evening event? Sounds mixed, as it includes touring wineries, dinner in a castle, and opera entertainment.

Hello MarylandStoryteller -

I've checked with our AzAmazing Evenings team and they recommend for "Attire"- Evening Casual and to take along a light jacket/sweater in case the evening weather is cool. Sport coats for men are not required but some men will wear them.

Here is a small portion of the content that will be included in the hand-out that will be distributed onboard:

On this evening you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of Tuscan hospitality, food, wine and music. From Livorno you will travel a scenic route through the countryside to Greve in Chianti – a village popularly known as the noble wine center of the Chianti region. You will then enjoy a light, but delicious and typically Tuscan dinner at a historic castle, complimented by fine local wines. The highlight of the evening will be an operatic performance by Three Tenors, a favorite of Azamara Club Cruises guests.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Archived