Gluten Free

kpms

Hi!

I have been looking on the NCL website for information in regards to Gluten Free dining choices, I know you can fax/email your request NCL but just curious to what they offer or others experiences with Gluten Free options...

Thanks!

Kris

There are plenty of naturally gluten free foods. And while they offer many gluten free bread products, they weren't very good. The only items I liked were the waffles and some kind of chocolate cake I got in Cagney's. The pizza, muffins, and bread were terrible. They tasted like they were microwaved. My muffins hardened before I could even eat them.

I recently returned from the Sky and they did beautifully with my wheat-free needs. I did breakfasts at the buffet, mostly cereal, yogurt and fruit, so I can't comment on their breakfast options, though I hear there are plenty. I never went hungry at lunch either, again, usually in the buffet. Ask if you aren't sure about something, there are chefs around. I did enjoy the GF bread at dinner, but you may need to ask for it, and make sure you eat it quickly, it's pretty gummy after it cools down. It's better toasted too. I adored the GF shrimp and chicken curry they served in the MDR one night, it was awesome. And whatever you do, try the raspberry creme brulee, which I got at Cagney's, but I think is available at Le Bistro as well. Amazing.

I also did the ship tour, and we saw the part of the galley that's set aside for no-allergen meals. So glad I got to see it! They really do set everything aside and do the very best they can with cross-contamination.

Archived