NYC Bus Terminal to Pier.

Poohb

We are leaving Sunday on the Crown out of NYC. We'll be arriving by bus to the Port Authority Bus Terminal. We're thinking that taking a taxi from there to the pier is our best bet. Any thoughts if this is the best way to go? We'd also be going back to the Bus Terminal for our bus home on the 12th. Do you think we'll be able to grab a cab? Is there going to be a problem with our BIG suitcase w/ the cab? Thanks for helping.

The NYC Bus Terminal (Port Authority) is very close to the Cruise Terminal, about three (very long) blocks. There are always taxis in front of the Bus Terminal and it will be very easy to get one to the Pier, same for the trip back to the Bus Terminal after the cruise.

Have fun on your cruise.

I would think a taxi is the ONLY way to go. If you had very little luggage, I suppose you could take the uptown bus on Eighth Avenue and transfer to the 49th Street crosstown bus, but with cruise luggage? No way. It's actually just a short taxi ride, probably less than $10. Luggage should fit in the trunk unless you are a party of more than 2 adults, in which case it might take 2 taxis.

There should be signs within the terminal directing you to where you can pick up taxis -- I can't remember whether it's on 9th Avenue or 8th Avenue or on 41st Street.

Have a great cruise!

Taxi your best way to go.

No problem at PA w/taxi service especially on a Sunday.

If the pier is mobbed on your return, go across the street and grab a cab that is dropping off passengers heading out on a ship.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Luggage should fit in the trunk unless you are a party of more than 2 adults, in which case it might take 2 taxis.

Our party has 3 adults and three children with one suitcase each...Will we all fit into two taxi's.....Only been to NYC once..never rode in their taxi's...

We are staying at Embassy Suites downtown the night before..

Thanks.

NJBill: I think you can probably fit your party in two taxis. The taxi trunks are standard sedan size, so with only one bag per person the luggage should fit. The back seats are a bit cramped with little legroom for three adults, but with kids it should not be uncomfortable.

Archived