New Years

toovey

• 3 weeks later...

We were onboard for our honeymoon to bring in 2002. There was a gala dinner, formal night of course. We got menus to keep, party hats, horns, streamers and free drinks at the party on deck to countdown the new year. It was nice. You will enjoy yourself.

A couple of years ago i was on Serenade for New Years. It was pretty sweet, they threw a huge party out on deck with cool ice sculpture, food, and free champagne. Since we just left an island royal caribbean actually set up there own firework show off an island in the middle of the ocean. Our ship actually had our own little firework show. It was a lot of fun

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I was on the NCL Dawn last year for New Year's Eve. It was great. We had a large number of German folks on board so at 4:30 (or whatever time it was midnight in Germany) they had a "German New Year" party to celebrate at the same time thier friends/family were celebrating back home. Of course the whole ship was invited, German or not. Then at I think 6pm they had an "English New Year" party in the Pearly King's Pub (an English themed pub on the Dawn). We were 1 hour ahead of NY time so after we celebrated on board the ship, we watched the ball drop in Times Square on CNN. They (the cruise line) really made it a fun time.

• 2 years later...

Last year DD and I did our first New Years cruise and LOVED it.

We were on Princess and there were parties, countdowns, baloons drops, streamers, dancing, etc. BUT Princess does not give out free champagne like other lines. (it's so bad anyway, who wants it) It was a great party atmosphere and guests and crew were all happy.

We're doing it again this year on the Crown Princess.

This will be our 1st year onboard for new Year's - We're really looking forward to it because New Year's eve will be our 5th anniversary so everyone will be celebrating with us! :D

(Leaving out of Miami for the Panama Canal!)

We were on the Carnival Triumph last NYE. There was a deck party and noisemakers and party hats and lots of fun. What was really great was we were sailing down the coast of Puerto Rico and midnight and got to see fireworks all up and down the coast. Would I do it again? Like a shot. Although, this year we're sailing out New Year's Day, and spending NYE in NOLA.

Archived