Most annoying thing?

ncshp955

Hear, hear!

Now, now, let's not be expecting miracles. I'd settle for some calypso, reggae, and Jimmy Buffett from the deejay.

(I personally would be happy with hearing hard rock and metal, since I'm a radio deejay, but it's about as out-of-place on a tropical island cruise as....hip hop krap music. :D )

I am with you on happy to hear hard rock and metal, but the Lido deck isnt the place for it. (grr)

Ditching the DJ all together and replacing it with a digital Juke Box filled with calypso, reggae, or cruise appropriate songs such as "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem", "Margaritaville", "Two Pina Coladas", "Beyond the Sea", "Two Tickets to Paradise", etc etc would be much much more preferable! At least the atmosphere would feel more cruise worthy than hearing that awful repetitive New York song by Jay Z. Seriously.. we arent sailing north, how about something more southerly at least like "Key Largo"? :cool:

I don't drink at all and I have never felt pressure to drink on any of my Carnival cruises so not sure what you mean by this statement. My husband on the other hand does drink but again never feels like he's being forced to drink anything.

I'm not much of a drinker ... anymore, but I've never felt as hassled to buy drinks as I was on our last cruise. Seemed like every 5 minutes ... or less, I was being asked. Got old really quick.

I kept saying I was going to make up a little sign, that I could flash, saying 'no thanks' so I wouldn't have to.

I'm not much of a drinker ... anymore, but I've never felt as hassled to buy drinks as I was on our last cruise. Seemed like every 5 minutes ... or less, I was being asked. Got old really quick.

I kept saying I was going to make up a little sign, that I could flash, saying 'no thanks' so I wouldn't have to.

I feel the same way. I told a friend last year that Carnival could sell buttons (another money maker for them) that says, "I don't want a drink".

My problem is unattended kids. We had an instance last cruise where a little kid, not more than ten called us f,ers because we told them to stop leaning over the railing. They could easily gotten hurt. I do not apologize for "disciplining" other people's kids if danger is involved.

One of my favorite signs: Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy!

Parents who think that adults need to be conscious 24/7 that children are on board the ship, ya know...don't swear, don't party, don't drink, don't ask the kids to vacate adult only areas, don't send the evil eye when a 2 year old is screaming their lungs out, don't get upset when strollers block hallways and doors, don't look twice when little kids are throwing their food all over the floor, or make a mess at the self serve machines, don't get upset when kids are running or playing amongst your feet, and don't get me started about how kids act at the beach. We, as adults, need to be reminded to remember that these kids have paid their cruise fare and thereby parental responsibility can be parked at the top of the gangway. A cruise is an adult get away more so than its a child's playground...I have no interest in supervising someone else's kids nor minding my personal Ps and Qs around kids. I leave mine home for a reason....they don't cruise until they are old enough to understand that the world doesn't revolve around them and they "don't" need my supervision 24/7 to stay out of mischief.

Another thing would be young children running amouk with no parental supervision. Not just children in general, but when they are obviously doing things they're old enough to know they shouldn't be doing like making a mess at the ice cream station. Someone has to clean that up, and it just isn't necessary. Or running up and down a hallway screaming at the top of their lungs. Stuff like that. I just want to grab them by their ear and drag them back to their parents. :) Thankfully we don't see things like that too often.

Just as much as the adults who make a mess at the ice cream station. It is going to get messy, kids or adults.

Or the adults arguing with each other in the hallways and slamming doors.

Don't blame it all on the kids.

Disagree 100%.

If you need one thing from the middle or end of the line, you should just go to the middle or end and get it.

People that wait through the whole line for one thing is part of the reason the line is so long to begin with.

Hear, hear! :)

I agree, you pay full price for children they have same right to the pools and hot tubs. Since my kids are grown I dont have to work vacations around school anymore, so I must be going when there are not many kids on board, I actually don't recall seeing any on last couple of cruises, I am sure they were there, so obviously they must have been well behaved to point that I didn't notice.

No, actually, children do not have the "same right" to all pools and hot tubs. Those designated adults only are intended for just that. Adults.

I didn't see anyone complain about too many children in the regular pools, etc., and no matter how much ANYONE pays to take their kid on a cruise, said kid does not belong in a pool or hot tub wearing a diaper. Ever. :eek:

Definitely people who slam cabin and balcony doors. It happens a lot in hotels as well. When you leave your cabin in the morning close your door quietly so it won't disturb your hall neighbors if they happen to be sleeping.

Wiz

I totally agree with this. This is exactly what I was going to say! Why is it so hard to hold the handle on your cabin door when you leave or enter the room. Espically at night and early morning... It's just rude! Not only the slamming noise, but the walls that vibrate too!:mad:

No, actually, children do not have the "same right" to all pools and hot tubs. Those designated adults only are intended for just that. Adults.

I didn't see anyone complain about too many children in the regular pools, etc., and no matter how much ANYONE pays to take their kid on a cruise, said kid does not belong in a pool or hot tub wearing a diaper. Ever. :eek:

I agree.

Doug

I wasn't including the adult only areas.... that was in agreement with poster commenting about complaints of noisy kids in pools in general. I agree, serenity area and other designated adult areas should be be kid free and enforced.

Gratuity Removers!

Especially when Im in line at Guest Services and you could actually here the conversation about them wanting to remove gratuities.

I don't think anybody should judge another's reason for wanting to lower their gratuity. I have never done that but I think if i had terrible service, it's my right to say how much of a gratuity i leave. i sure don't want somebody else rolling their eyes at my personal decision. :cool:

I don't think anybody should judge another's reason for wanting to lower their gratuity. I have never done that but I think if i had terrible service, it's my right to say how much of a gratuity i leave. i sure don't want somebody else rolling their eyes at my personal decision. :cool:

When guests embarked 10 minutes prior and are at the desk removing gratuities before getting past the lobby, I most certainly will judge them. We've sadly seen this more than once.

When guests embarked 10 minutes prior and are at the desk removing gratuities before getting past the lobby, I most certainly will judge them. We've sadly seen this more than once.

Maybe they decided they didn't want to be dictated to and wanted to give their own gratuities. Really, don't be so judgemental. I totally agree that the staff work so hard and have never seen anyone that didn't deserve their gratuity, but the cruise lines are telling us how we should reward those who are in that service.

Not much bothers me- can always retreat to the cabin and the view. Noise is just a part of the equation, I figure. Our last cabin was great but it was under the pizzeria... which really got "cooking" around 4am:o Drunks coming home in the wee hours whooping it up in the hallways can be annoying. The biggest things that bother me are arbitrary schedule changes- for example, we planned to go to the Piano Bar one night with our group and it was still closed after the advertised opening time in the Fun Times. had a lot of fun after it opened though;)

Besides rough seas & rolling to & fro & puke & blech... the only thing that annoyed me on my first cruise was getting on the glass atrium elevators and having the people already on it, crowded around the door. Please make some space for others to get on. Move to the back and enjoy the ride!

And while I was never bothered by this, I have to comment: people who come home "late" (1, 2, 3 am) and bang their cabin doors are just as annoying as those who leave "early" (6, 7, 8a) and bang their doors. Be sensible and consider your co-passengers at ALL times.

I can overlook most of the things that some people complain about. Yes, the volume on the big Lido TV could be turned down a few hundred decibels, and yes, some parents need to pay closer attention to what their kids are doing. But what what bugs me the most are passengers that are just flat out rude. I wonder if people that are rude on a cruise ship are like that in their everyday lives, or act that way only when on vacation, as if they are "entitled" to some sort of special treatment. I'd like to have a freeze ray like Gru had in "Despicable Me". It would be so easy to deal with rude people then.:D:D

I have always wondered how they act at home. I work for a big hotel in Ocean City, Md, and I have people who stay are just so rude to us desk staff. After they leave, I just stare and wonder if they act that way in front of their parents.

Not much bothers me- can always retreat to the cabin and the view. Noise is just a part of the equation, I figure. Our last cabin was great but it was under the pizzeria... which really got "cooking" around 4am:o Drunks coming home in the wee hours whooping it up in the hallways can be annoying.

And while I was never bothered by this, I have to comment: people who come home "late" (1, 2, 3 am) and bang their cabin doors are just as annoying as those who leave "early" (6, 7, 8a) and bang their doors. Be sensible and consider your co-passengers at ALL times.

On 1 of our cruises we had nieghbors come home around 3-4 AM every morning singing "Crocodile Rock". This went on for the first few, days till a couple mornings I called there room a few times each morning starting at 6 or 7 AM. They must have got the message because the singing stopped, the door slamming wasn't as bad but I still woke up whenever they came home.

Archived