CCL Seamiles credit card. I got figures

steveaaaa

Well I finally have enough points to redeem for a free cruise and it is not totally free. I can sail for free (7 night) during low and regular season but summer and vacations are additional depending on the weeks and the big catch is port charges and gov't fee's are additional and the free cruise is in a Cat 1a.

The average cost is about $100 for a cat4,$160 for a cat 6 and $260 for a balcony + ports/taxes.The site is not telling me if that is per person or not.

The big surprise to me is the other cruise lines that you can sail on.during off season,even the RCCL ships are free for inside cabins.

Steve

Do you mind my asking how many points are needed for the "not so free" "free" cruise? I used up a bunch of mine before 5/31 for a total of $400 off, but the remainder I let switch to seamiles. Seems I previously read that there was also a $50 booking fee.

With everything that one can get for free--- you can always expect to pay the taxes and port charges. If you wont the multi million dollars-- even that isnt free-- you will need to pay the taxes.

I am betting that the port and taxes are per person--not for the whole cruise.

Do you mind my asking how many points are needed for the "not so free" "free" cruise? I used up a bunch of mine before 5/31 for a total of $400 off, but the remainder I let switch to seamiles. Seems I previously read that there was also a $50 booking fee.

Hi,

I just got over the 40,000 point threshold and that let me into the site. Once Cap1 points come over I will have about 115,000 total points,but I was able to see the longer cruises and what the pricing is on them.

I did not see the booking fee,I know there is one for airline tickets.

Steve

With everything that one can get for free--- you can always expect to pay the taxes and port charges. If you wont the multi million dollars-- even that isnt free-- you will need to pay the taxes.

I am betting that the port and taxes are per person--not for the whole cruise.

I know the ports are per person, but it was the upgrade I was unclear on. If you want a cat1,its free.If you want a cat4, it shows a figure to upgrade to it,whether that is the total fee or per person,I am not sure yet.I will find out on Monday. One good thing is if you want to upgrade to a Balcony or suite,you can with them.

Steve

Good Info Steve, Im currently at 44k but waiting for my Capital One credits to come over also, they told me July time frame. I guess when you call them to book you can ask for the 1a guarntee, hoping to get bumpped to a 4a plus.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Fred

Good Info Steve, Im currently at 44k but waiting for my Capital One credits to come over also, they told me July time frame. I guess when you call them to book you can ask for the 1a guarntee, hoping to get bumpped to a 4a plus.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Fred

Hi Fred,

1a guarantee is NOT and option neither is any other catagory under the guarantee option as shown on the screen. I do not know if when you actually call and make the booking that the option is not given to you. At this point it looks like a no, but I wonder how it will actually play out.I also wonder what happens when there is no 1a available, so you pay the extra for the 4a and later the 1a becomes available.Can you downgrade and get your money back?

Steve

Capital One is not going defunct, just that Carnival has ended their association with Cap 1. Any purchases made after 2/28/05 with your cap 1 card have not been accumulating points. The new seamiles card is issued by Juniper Bank and you have to apply for it, I believe there is a link on the Carnival website. Any points that have not been used for a Carnival cruise by 5/31/05 will be transferred to seamiles. I'm not sure how they handle the transfer of points if you don't yet have a seamiles card.

I haven't read many positives about this new card tho.

Capital One is not going defunct, just that Carnival has ended their association with Cap 1.

Yeah...I just worded it wrong...I meant that the Cap One card for Carnival is defunct. :rolleyes: At least I knew what I meant. :D

I got into the 10,000 point section about a month ago.....and most of what I could find was around $50 off on most Categorys, expept a couple where they had $400 off on a suite. (all off-season of course)

To bad they don't have any categories between 10,000 and 40,000...

Thanks for the info......

I got into the 10,000 point section about a month ago.....and most of what I could find was around $50 off on most Categorys, expept a couple where they had $400 off on a suite. (all off-season of course)

To bad they don't have any categories between 10,000 and 40,000...

Thanks for the info......

Thats where they get ya, Im hoping to see what my points are after the transfer in July, should be a sweet free vacation next year.

I got my Sea Miles cruise card a few months ago.Had alot of problems getting any information out of them.It said "upto $500 off a cruise for 10,000 points.It sounded great.After further investigating it looked like you only get about $50 off on an inside cabin and you have to book through them.Didn't like that so I applied for ICruise credit card.You only needed 17,000 points for $500 off a cruise. that was better than Cap.1.Have that card 2 months and got a notice that you need alot more points starting in August.I will get nowhere with that card either. I am going to get a rewards card where they give you money back. Then I can use it for what I want.I really got disgusted with these cards.I hate that my credit report will show so much activity this year,but I am very displeased with the new cards I got.You really have to charge alot to get anything.

I have posted this a couple times secretly hoping carnival will change this program if we contact them ..I have called because I was so disappointed and they pretty much said you are the only one....

I am trying to keep this post alive because I think when people who have this card and see thier remaining....points are transferred to this card....

they will be VERY disappointed.

I have 20,000 points that will go unused TRANSFERED....plus right now I already have 12000 on my new card.....

what a haox...

I called this sea miles DIRECTLY to see what else I could use my points for

on board credit , bottle of wine ect....

because for my 10,000 points I would get NO SAVINGS AT ALL for the cruise I was interested in....

The first person was very suprised to hear for 10,000 there was no savings at all. This was the credit card company itself.

She insisted that there was $50-500 in saving for 10,000 points

She was in management... This seemed to be the credit card company in charge....She could only get into first page of seamiles web site(HA_HA)...and could not get into actual site as I can...I told her I could send her proof because I can get into thier site having over 10,000 points already.... She was nice....and seemed suprised....

Then...........

She told me to talk to another department customer service.....

That guy said YES IT IS TRUE we are aware that sometimes there is no savings at all,with this card and points.

He said....It depends on what the travel agency they are working with decides to discount.......

and to contact them directly...............and work something out with them...

This agency is making a bundle with is free referrals..

Airline service fees are ussually 10 @ ticket thiers is 50 to cach in thier air miles.

You cannot get flowers or coupons on gifts of any sorts.....

There are only discounts on certain sailings .......

even then you must pay processing fee of 19.95.......

What a joke...

We need to let carnival know this CARD is a joke so we can have the option of transferring our points to another card......

The only way we are going to get help is by letting carnival know how bad this card really is......I think jupitor is not even aware that the travel agency is not being fair.

I cannot believe Carnival cannot offer....to them a discounted group rate....

I have proof my sailing is the same if I use my 10,000 points ....and if I did not. I will post that later......

We need to call carnival and mot waste thiese points..........

Just to give you an idea because as of now I can get into thier 10,000 site....

On a cruise I am taking......these are the figures....of my discount for using my 10,000 points....

Prices Without SeaMiles Price With 10,000 SeaMiles

1A - Interior Stateroom

$399.00 $399.00

4E - Interior Stateroom

$489.00 $489.00

4A - Interior Stateroom

$449.00 $449.00

4B - Interior Stateroom

$459.00 $459.00

4C - Interior Stateroom

$469.00 $469.00

4D - Interior Stateroom

$479.00 $479.00

5A - Oceanview Stateroom

$449.00 $449.00

6D - Oceanview Stateroom

$539.00 $539.00

6A - Oceanview Stateroom

$509.00 $509.00

6B - Oceanview Stateroom

$519.00 $519.00

6C - Oceanview Stateroom

$529.00 $529.00

Nothing about the free upgrades that are being offered by other companies... This fare does not included 28.00 in taxes and also THIER PROCESSING FEE>>>>$19.95 for cruise and 50.00 for AIR....

What do you think??

Thats why I called carnival to complain..I rather get candy or a shirt or wine my points are wated if I use them....

Rather then allowing them to transfer, we tried to use up most of our old Cap 1 points by booking waaaaay ahead to 12/06. The old Cap 1 points were really worth something & this saved us $700.00 real bucks on this 12/06 booking.

This new Sea Miles are worth a miserly 9/10 of one percent off a cruise at best ! That is less that 1% of each doller you spend on non Carnival items.

Could someone please tell of the name of the other cruise type rewards card currently available from some traval agency ?? We can't find any info on them ??

Thanks.

M & B in FL

There's plenty of negative comments about seamiles on various threads. Is there a way to print those and send to the appropriate person at Carnival? (I know just enough about computers to really screw things up.) Or how about starting an "open letter to Carnival" thread where only our dissatisfaction of the seamiles card was voiced? I'm really wishing I had opted for the Champagne even tho dh doesn't like it.

I would love to sign a petition...

Anyone a good writer......

I did use some of my points for a summer cruise but could not use all of them..

I think credit card company and travel agency in charge of these promos are different companies.......

Someone had said when on a cruise they had heard of complaits and the agent trying to push this credit card said we are working to make things better .That was in March??early March I think.

Unfortunately NOTHING has changed....

until people are able to get into this sight they will only then see what they lost.......

I will probably use my remaining points for air and be done with this card because for cruises CARD this is worthless...unless something changes...

For a party of 5

3 kids under 17 ..I can go to punta cana including air and stay at a decent all inclusive in the summer for 7 nights for about 4000 in the summer so what this new travelagent is offering is not a good deal.....

I liked the old card....

anyway if there is a petition count me in.....

I just checked at 40,000 points, I can cruise on the Valor, 7 day cruise March 19th 2006 for:

345.00 Catagory: 1A --- (395.00 4A) ------- (495.00 5A) ------ (995.00 9A) per person.

Will write back at 45,000 points.

Archived