Looking for best beach with beach bar in Ocho

kcparrothead

• 5 weeks later...

Yes we did, and we LOVED it there! It was only our group on the beach that morning - light colored sand and water as clear as tap water! Good snorkeling, too. They had yummy rum punch, beds on the beach (we didn't use them so don't know how much) and a lady offered us a massage - her prices were really reasonable, too. There was a little gift shop and nice bathrooms & showers. We had Peat Taylor take us there and he said he had a permit to get in. Not sure if all the tour guides do, he might have just been saying that. ;)

Next time we go to Ocho Rios, we want to spend the whole day there.

What were your thoughts on Peat? I just booked him for next week. We are doing his Dunn's River, Ochos Highlights and Irie blue Tour.

Thanks!

I like him - we used him about 9 years ago, so felt good booking him again. There were a few surprises, though. He had a cooler full of pops, waters & beer for us but we didn't find out until the very end that we had to pay for them. Also, we had about an hour left after a bit of riding around and we had told him before the tour that we wanted to see the Irie Blue Hole. When he finally headed towards there, he informed us it would be $10pp to get in. Since we knew we would be there such a short time, we said "nevermind." Other than that, he's a really nice guy and his son stayed with us at the beach the whole time.

My husband said he thinks his "strong" rum & cokes were around $5 and my rum punch was around $6. Not cheap, but cheaper than on the ship. Peat charged about $2. for his drinks I think (maybe $1 for the water) - one of the guys in our group paid for them at the end because it was very confusing since Peat wanted to be paid in one lump sum and our group of 20+ had to gather the money.

One thing to make note of Blu Bamboo - it didn't open until around 10 or so and by the time we left the food wasn't ready yet. I wouldn't be in a hurry to get there. It's definitely not a place that caters to the cruise ship crowd & that's why we liked it! ;)

Archived