Chris' & Ginny's Breeze Review w/ Large Pictures

sonicbuffalo

What cabin were you in? We are in 8462, which is an L shaped cabin with an extra long balcony. Just wondering of you were in that type of cabin, did you like the set up? Haven't been able to find pictures, just know that the TV is on the side of the bed and some people don't like that. Is there a couch? Thanks.

Of course we have already toured the island and Atlantis...so now we're just going to Junkaroo Beach and The Straw Market

CarnivalBreeze120812404_zpsbd76ba52.jpg

CarnivalBreeze120812405_zpsfdb35ca2.jpg

If you look at the far right portion of Atlantis, you will see a sky bridge, which is called the Michael Jackson Suite because when Atlantis was built he spent $25,000 for one night in that suite that links the two hotels together.

CarnivalBreeze120812406_zps1bf5b3c7.jpg

Monarch of The Seas

CarnivalBreeze120812407_zps4274f745.jpg

CarnivalBreeze120812408_zps9aac4937.jpg

When you get off the ships, you have to walk through the building here to go anywhere...this band had a very colorful backdrop...I know some big name bands who would love that kind of backdrop...

CarnivalBreeze120812409_zps4f4dafdd.jpg

Our last look off the balcony before we went to breakfast and disembarked. Overall, we had a great time, but we really weren't wow'ed by the ship like I thought we would be. The tropical themes were nice and what we really liked was the bright colors throughout the ship (except the piano bar). We loved it being bright instead of drab like some of the other ships we've been on. Don't get me wrong, we liked the Dream, and we liked the Miracle, but it was refreshing to see the bright deco all around the Breeze.

We went to all the Playlist Production Shows, and The Hasbro Game shows and they are definitely different from some of the things we were used to. We're kind of boring since we don't gamble or drink, but we like to watch Bingo being played at times before shows.

The Playlist Production Shows were good on the Divas Night and the Brits Show, but sucked on the Latin Night. It was because they had two teams on board and one group was leaving at the end of the cruise and the other was in rehearsals to take over after the first group left. The first groups contract was up. The first group sung their songs to perfection, and were very good, whereas the new group coming on sung off key, and overall made a mess out of their show. We were glad to see the solid group do the Brits Night for the last show. A lot fo people walked out during the Latin Night performance. I will say here and now that Carnival came up with the Playlist Productions to save them money. They no longer have to pay a 7 or 8 piece orchestra to accompany the singers and dancers. They also don't have to pay for new shows to be developed. They can create any scenery on the giant TV screens for background props so that saves them money too. It is exciting and if their singers can sing, I'm sure they'll make a go of it. They did have a few props, but nothing too outlandish. Mostly stairs and things like that with no painting on them. I'm sure you'll enjoy them and I'll be interested in hearing what everyone thinks about them compared to 'Ticket To Ride', and the other Production Shows. Overall, even though I've never cruised with RCI or NCL, I will say they probably have Carnival beat up pretty good in the entertainment portion of the cruises. NCL has Blue Man Group, and RCI has Chicago, and Hairspray. Carnival is scaling up with the new big screen LCD screens as backdrops and for scenery, but scaling down in quality of talent.

The food was OK, but nothing to brag about. The lobster was lukewarm, and the Filet Mignon was fantastic. I had the flatiron steak one night and as usual, it was tough. I don't remember much more except that Mahi-Mahi was only on the menu one night. I used to get that any night the main course wasn't something I wanted. They had Mahi-Mahi one night only as an option. Of course the shrimp cocktail is back, and I'm grateful for that. The scrambled eggs is something you should never try. They were horrible. I bet GI's in the Army or any of the armed forces get better scrambled eggs than what was served. I bet prisoners in prison get better eggs. The only way to change it is to boycott the crappy eggs., and complain about it any time you can. Escargot was listed on the menu for one night, but it turned out they didn't serve any. I don't know if they were out of it or not.

The Service was fantastic with friendly, energetic, and a very willing to accommodate Steward that we had. Ours gave me a brand new Breeze hardbound commemorative book. At dinner each night the server from the bar came to our table and offered me a Diet Coke since he knew I had the Bubbles package. The bar staff at the other bars gave me equal treatment with all of the other customers. I never felt they were ignoring me because I had a Bubbles package.

I must congratulate our Captain and his officers for making it a point to get to and dock at every port of call. We had fantastic weather although a little cloudy and some brief rain showers a few times. We felt safe all the time. Got a little windy the first Sea day... but other than that I can't complain for December. The snorkeling water was very warm, and other than Antigua, we enjoyed it. We enjoyed the ports of call but Ginny said she'd like to just take tours of the islands next time, instead of snorkeling. She likes to snorkel but loves to tour the islands too.

My advice is that with Carnival's new pricing structure(s), take the time to look into other cruise lines for their pricing. It may surprise you. My opinion on the Breeze is that it's a nice new ship, but doesn't have a wow factor. I mostly cruise for the itinerary and price anyways, so if the ship doesn't blow me away, that's ok. I think those who haven't cruised on The Breeze but are waiting to do so will be surprised by many things that it offers. I think the new 2.0 upgrades are great. I loved eating lunch at the Blue Iguana Cantina and eating their burritos. I also liked the taste of the Guy's burgers, and the fries. I wish they would give you more fries with your burger though. I think I got 5 fries one time. You should also eat at the Italian Restaurant at least once during lunch since it's free at lunch for pasta dishes. I didn't try the 5th deck BBQ, so I can't comment on that one.

The kids will love the water park and the ropes courses, and they have great new Camps to go to. There is something for everyone. We really enjoyed The Singing Maitre D, Ken Byrne, and Ron Pass in the piano bar. We also watched quite a bit of karaoke. We also played and lost in many of the trivia contests but they were fun too. We don't really spend too much time baking in the sun since Ginny has had surgery for the mildest form of skin cancer. She uses a very high SPF of sunscreen when we do go outside.

I hope you all enjoyed my pictures the 2nd time around. I didn't mind posting them, and added quite a few, and made quite a few new comments. I didn't know how to make my review pictures bigger until recently, so I thought being larger pictures would definitely enhance your enjoyment. I know I'd rather see the pictures in the larger format. Thanks for looking at it again and for the newcomers who haven't seen my old review, this is, by far the best one. I say that because that's what I am being told. Good luck on all your future cruises and I can't wait to see your reviews too!

The Dent Came from a collision with the Riverboat "Michaelangelo" in Venice, Italy on August 26, 2012 when in an unexpected squall, both the Breeze and the Michaelangelo broke their mooring lines and floated away from the dock, into each other! Breeze dropped her gangplank into the harbor and it took three hours to fish it out and get her tied down so we could reboard. Since we were at St. Marks Square with the squall hit, we were soaked so sitting in the terminal soaking wet waiting was not so much fun!

What cabin were you in? We are in 8462, which is an L shaped cabin with an extra long balcony. Just wondering of you were in that type of cabin, did you like the set up? Haven't been able to find pictures, just know that the TV is on the side of the bed and some people don't like that. Is there a couch? Thanks.

we were in 8470....not an L shaped cabin but trust me, if you are aft...you'll love it! I did post pictures of our cabin...TV was off to the side of the bed but it tilted outward towards the bed.....didn't watch it much though....have fun on your cruise....I'm jealous....wish I were going again today!

The Dent Came from a collision with the Riverboat "Michaelangelo" in Venice, Italy on August 26, 2012 when in an unexpected squall, both the Breeze and the Michaelangelo broke their mooring lines and floated away from the dock, into each other! Breeze dropped her gangplank into the harbor and it took three hours to fish it out and get her tied down so we could reboard. Since we were at St. Marks Square with the squall hit, we were soaked so sitting in the terminal soaking wet waiting was not so much fun!

Thanks for that information....amazing that you read and saw my picture and knew just what caused it! Thank you for sharing!

We are cruising on the Breeze first time 3/2/13. Also our daughter is getting married on the Breeze 9/14/13. So we have 2 Breeze cruises coming up.

When we book a cruise, our first thing is itinerary. Second is ship and third is price.

Your review was amazing and the pictures were so awesome. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

We are cruising on the Breeze first time 3/2/13. Also our daughter is getting married on the Breeze 9/14/13. So we have 2 Breeze cruises coming up.

When we book a cruise, our first thing is itinerary. Second is ship and third is price.

Your review was amazing and the pictures were so awesome. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

A Big Congratulations for your daughter's wedding coming up, and to your two Breeze cruises also. You will enjoy the cruises I'm sure. Thanks for your kind words, and I appreciate how you go about booking a cruise. I think we do pretty much the same thing, but we're running out of new places to go that we can afford. We don't want to sail the western Caribbean. So I guess we'll go on the NCL cruise and then the Allure JUST FOR the SHIP this time only! Thanks again!

CarnivalBreeze120812203_zps73032632.jpg

CarnivalBreeze120812204_zpsa38ac051.jpg

CarnivalBreeze120812205_zps9fd1b29c.jpg

The Ovation Theater where the Playlist Production and Hasbro shows were performed...pretty plain jane decor...no wow factor!

CarnivalBreeze120812206_zps955b62ca.jpg

What? No lines at the theater? A first!

CarnivalBreeze120812207_zpsf54b3c1e.jpg

LOL..would love to meet the guy/gal who made the sign for "Fashion Accesories"???

Good grief....really?

It was a busy day inside the terminal as it was the day for the VIP's to board for the naming ceremony. We received our sail & sign cards right away, and as you will see, Ginny held onto our zone 6 card for boarding. We were there at the terminal at around 11:00 and onboard closer to 1:00 pm.

CarnivalBreeze120812098_zpsf3598ce3.jpg

Man!!!! There are some GRUMPY Gus's in that picture!!! Smile folks!!!! You're on vacation!!!! :D

LOL!!!! I was thinking the same thing. Especially the dude on the right:eek:

sonicbuffolo, great review and fabulous pics!!! We're doing the exact itinery in 85 more days on the Breeze !! We've done all those islands before but loved them so much we're doing them again!! But such great pics, thanks so much for taking the time!!!