Payments, and Due Dates, and Cabins...Oh My

CarribeanOrBust

Today is one of those days where my brain just doesn't want to function properly, and as such, I can't seem to get my information straight regarding my upcoming cruise. Please help..

I'm going on the Dream in May with a large group of people. As of right now, I'm a single rider, but I'm trying to convince someone to come along with me, and I'd say the likelihood of this happening is 90%.

However, there are other single riders in the group, and I don't want to leave them hanging. If my friend isn't able to come, I'm going to bunk with one of them.

The cruise starts May 11.

So...

Who has to do what, and when? Does my friend have to make a decision by the 90-days-out date? If a decision isn't made by then, what are the ramifications if they book afterwards? And if they choose not to come, what effect does that have on my cabin, in terms of who can bunk with whom (can I change my assignment to one of the other single riders after the 90-day date?)? What about payments? The way I understand it, I need to be paid in full 90 days out, but I forget why. What about my friend, who may not book until after the 90 day date? Does that affect their payment level?

Apologies for what should be an obvious (to me, at least, as this will be my 12th cruise) question, and thanks in advance for any information.

It depends on 'how' you booked e.g. past guest/early saver etc. Depending how you booked, the penalty phase starts after final payment, some allow changes and some don't. This sounds very chaotic for the person who's handling this since it's a group booking. Sounds like more than one person would be penalized as well. All comes down to what kind of rate you booked on.

It depends on 'how' you booked e.g. past guest/early saver etc. Depending how you booked, the penalty phase starts after final payment, some allow changes and some don't. This sounds very chaotic for the person who's handling this since it's a group booking. Sounds like more than one person would be penalized as well. All comes down to what kind of rate you booked on.

I did Early Saver within the group, I'm pretty sure. We all used a travel agent (AAA), but I know the CC people are more knowledgeable, so I asked here first!

I don't think it will affect everyone if one person is late, or if someone is added to the group after the 90-day cutoff. I mean, what if some random person decides they want to cruise between 90 days and 0 days out? Is it simply that they pay more?

a solo cruiser can add a person up til sailing-- that is if the ship is not sold to capacity.

you are booked as a single in a double room so you have the space.

Our sailing in Jan 27th- my dad is a single but if I wanted to add grand daughter i could have..(untll yesterday when the ship filled to capacity.

if booked as an early saver- i doubt very much that you will be able to move into a cabin with a person that is already booked.

i

Archived