La Quinta FLL area

cruzin girl

I know exactly where it is. Not exactly the best area. There is a shopping area and a movie theater area right next door, but would not walk there in the evening. Always lock you valuables up. I do not know what the price is you paid, but I would rater spend a few extra dollars and get somewhere closer to the beach if possible. When are you comming? How many? How many nights?

This property is actually pretty decent with many favorable reviews. The area is relatively safe, located next to the Oakwood Plaza,a large shopping center with a Red Lobster, Dave & Busters, a great diner, movie theaters etc. This is hardly a bad area. A little congested with traffic at times, but crime ridden, NOT!

As with anywhere you stay that you are not familiar with, always be aware of your surroundings. This holds true whether your at the Ft Lauderdale Airport, Port Everglades, Disneyworld, Marriott Harbor Beach, Pier 66, Amerisuites or the La Quinta on N26th Street. ;)

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ985&propId=985&savedSearchQuery=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lq.com%2Flq%2FproxySearchRes.do%3FsearchCity%3Dft%2Blauderdale%26searchState%3DFL%26availability.palsra_IND_M%3D%26availability.palsra_IND_D%3D%26availability.palsra_IND_Y%3D%26availability.palsra_OTD_M%3D%26availability.palsra_OTD_D%3D%26availability.palsra_OTD_Y%3D%26availability.palsra_NRM%3D1%26mapProvider%3DMapQuest%26searchType%3DGEO%26promocorp%3D%26x%3D32%26y%3D12

I live in the area and would say this hotel is in a decent area. As said previously, it's right next to a shopping area where there are restaurants and a movie theater. If you are staying more than one night, I agree that it would be worth it to stay closer to the beach. You can often get great prices on hotels on the beach in Hollywood.

This La Quinta has gotten good reviews on tripadvisor - http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g34296-Hollywood_Florida-Hotels.html

If you want to consider other hotels in Hollywood, especially some of the smaller ones on the beach, check out http://www.visithollywood.org

Has anyone got this hotel on Priceline recently? When did you get if for and how much did you have to bid to get it?I would like to stay there next April.I don't want to have to bid too high with the chance they might put us in another hotel.Has anyone gotten any other hotel in Ft. Lauderdale on Priceline bidding for a 2star, like La Quinta is?

Dianne, I was wondering if perhaps Priceline moved La Quinta to the "Hollywood zone" from the "airport zone". I haven't seen anyone win this location recently either. It's ashame, the place was great, and I'd easily stay there again!

A~:)

Dianne, I was wondering if perhaps Priceline moved La Quinta to the "Hollywood zone" from the "airport zone". I haven't seen anyone win this location recently either. It's ashame, the place was great, and I'd easily stay there again!

A~:)

Here is a link to someone that won it recently. They had to bid $70..its still 2* FLL

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=3841142#post3841142

Booked La Quinta directly for a rate of $49.99 for 2 nights in July. We are sailing on the Zuiderdam and wanted a 2 night stay in a convenient location. I also made a reservation at Embassy for $ 99.00 2 nights before cruise . Which do you think would be a better grab? Will be traveling with my wife and 2 children ages 6 & 4 . Perviously in past years have stayed at the Marina Marriott and Renaissance, feel like a little change in scenery!!!

Booked La Quinta directly for a rate of $49.99 for 2 nights in July. We are sailing on the Zuiderdam and wanted a 2 night stay in a convenient location. I also made a reservation at Embassy for $ 99.00 2 nights before cruise . Which do you think would be a better grab? Will be traveling with my wife and 2 children ages 6 & 4 .

With children, I'd go for the Embassy Suites. More things to do to keep them occupied. You can take the water taxi to the Museum of Science and Discovery, the kids would love it, they have an IMAX as well. The beach is nearby, Los Olas Riverfront etc will keep everyone happy.

Archived